12/10 Boomer AMPS 95 +3 106 +6 112 PMPS 304 +3 265, photos

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Judy and Boomer, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    Good morning!
    AMPS 95 shooting 2.75u
    How did he know I was planning on increasing this morning?

Once again I gave Boomer a normal size +3 meal and he still didn't eat his +6. He did eat his +9 but needed me to dig out the last little bit for him :rolleyes:

Yesterday I saw the pair of Great Horned Owls in the cemetery! I'll admit I may not have seen them if it weren't for another photographer being there....she found them quite a few days ago and goes there every day for photos. So today's photos are of the two owls...I'm told that the one facing forward is the male and the one looking over it's shoulder is the female.

Yesterday I shared those images in one of my Facebook group and a fellow photographer asked me about the location. I told him in a private message and, in turn, he shared a nearby location of a Snowy Owl and a pair of Bald Eagles. So DH and I will be going out later today. Wish me luck!

Attached Files:

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Gorgeous! They are so difficult to see! Glad you captured them :) I'd put a wow on this thread...but there's only 'like' :)

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Boomer you don't have to be so dramatic about not wanting a dosecrease. I hope he surfs safely today so you can get out and you see the snowy owls. Great pictures.

4. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Boomer is reading his condos!! Did you forget? :rolleyes:

That's awesome you got some leads on more beautiful birds to photograph!!

5. Judy and Boomer

And because I don't trust him. +1.5 144
    ok a bit higher than I expected. Makes me wonder if he went low last night and is on the way up. Hopefully not.

6. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

AMAZING !!!! Prayers for a successful photo shoot today, Judy ❤️ And feel great prayers to DH :bighug:

7. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Boomer read the condo and wants you to go to get your photos without worrying about him so he figured a small food bounce would be ok. Maybe a bit overdone, but his heart is in the right place.
    Congrats on the great photos yesterday, and good luck for today!

Judy and Boomer and Beth 73 like this.
  8. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Just beautiful
    Nice start Boomer

9. Judy and Boomer

10. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Wouldn't those photos make a great jigsaw puzzle. The more difficult the better.

Hope you see the snowy owls and the eagles.

And Boomer will behave for you while your gone or else........

11. Judy and Boomer

+6 112
    Going out soon for a drive. It's a very dull day and not good light for photography but we have lots going on this week and I'm afraid this may be the only afternoon that we can get out. So it is what it is.

12. majandra

majandra Well-Known Member

Boomer seems to be doing well :)
    I love your photos!

13. Judy and Boomer

2 hours driving around. Hit both spots that I got a tip on yesterday. Nothing but 4 Red-Tail Hawks (none of which were in a good spot to be photographed) and 3 deer (which were too far away). sigh. May have to find a different hobby for the winter.
    Funny thing is....after finding the owls yesterday I told 3 people where they were. All 3 went to the cemetery today. One ran into another photographer who knew exactly where the owls hang out but the owls were not there today. The other 2 had no better luck.

14. Judy and Boomer

PMPS 304 shooting 2.75u

15. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Wonderful Photos of the Owls! Thanks Judy!:bighug::)

16. Judy and Boomer

17. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

The owl pictures are great. Did you show them to Boomer? Maybe he was frightened :)

A deer was rescued by the Fire Dept. in Lake Flower (in the middle of Saranac Lake Village) yesterday. She had fallen through the ice and couldn't get out. The Fire Dept. was worried that untrained people might attempt to rescue her on their own, so they got an air boat and cleared the ice so she could swim to shore, but she was too exhausted. They finally were able to get the deer into the boat (she actually swam toward the boat). On shore they wrapped her in warm blankets and fed her energy food, but after several hours she died. Very sad. But good to see the human kindness.

18. Judy and Boomer

Awesome that the firefighters rescued the deer...but how heartbreaking that she didn't make it. :(