12/10 Sherlock AMPS 264, +3 285, PMBG 58, +12.5 42, +13 50, +14 73

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LexaJoy, Dec 10, 2018.

1. LexaJoy

LexaJoy Member

What on Earth?

Okay. Am not panicking, but am maybe panicking a little. Fifty-eight? How did that happen?

I'm going to stall a bit and see if that comes up. Is that right? Or is that too low and I should feed like, right now and just skip tonight's shot?

Halp.

Edit: Waited half an hour to see if he'd come up, he dropped to 42. So we're eating now and we'll just skip tonight's shot. Removed question prefix since I made the decision on my own and wasn't getting response anyway. We'll continue to test and monitor this afternoon into tonight and reduce dose tomorrow AM.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sorry you didn't get a response earlier. Good catch! :eek: Since you are following SLGS, you don't shoot below 90, so you did exactly the right thing. At shot time if I got a low number, I would wait 15-20 minutes to see if Neko was coming up without food. She usually did come up to a safe number to shoot. Since Sherlock was going down and still had a long way to go to above 90, you made a good call.

Good luck with the dose reduction down to 1.25 units. :)

3. LexaJoy

LexaJoy Member

Thank you! I was hoping that I could wait him out, but that 42 really shook me hard. He's sitting with me now and seems fine, and we're slooooowly crawling up in the numbers. He'll get his first dinner here in about an hour, but I think that without any insulin this afternoon, we're probably in the clear tonight.

I'm a little freaked that he might've been super low during the day while I was at work, but I dunno how to stay on top of that when nobody's here. He was creeping up this morning when my wife checked him before she left, so I was caught off-guard by that super low PM number. Sheesh.

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Since he was on his way down on your second test, he was probably OK during the day this time. Do you have an autofeeder or other way of giving him some food mid day? Or if he's a grazer, just leave extra food out. Food will help keep him safe.

5. LexaJoy

LexaJoy Member

We don't leave food out because the dog is very, very interested in the kitty food. I could put some up high where she couldn't get, but I'm not sure how much he would get versus his brother.

Then again, any is probably a better option than none, so. We can put some food up on the table when we go in the morning, just in case?