12/14, Boomer, AM-106, +4-50 Help - I need to leave

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Traci and Boomer, Feb 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

Of all days to get a 50! Over the past two days he's been puking more and it's got me concerned. Yesterday twice, this morning when I woke up once. If didn't affect his AM, but now at +4 when I need to leave to got to a family party at my DBF's he gives me a 50. I'm feeding him HCW right now, maybe that's too aggressive, but I need to go. I can wait a little while. What do you guys think?

2. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Can you come back to check on him soon? Then go back to the party? I know it is not convienent.. just thinking of ideas (trying to)
    Yay for the 50.. but understand your worry with being gone & vomiting.

3. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

how about a retest before u leave? 15 min from that 50

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Definitely HC is what you have to do. Ronnie's right -- get a test before you leave and make sure to leave food (maybe MC and some LC) out.

5. Traci and Boomer

Re: 12/14, Boomer, AM-106, +4-50, +4.5-56

Hi Guys-
    Thanks for chiming in; I just cancelled. I'll go to his place later. He'll have to go to the party alone.
    Now he's 56. I'll ride this out and go over in a couple hours when I know he's ok.
    It's kind of annoying since I took all this time getting ready - hair, makeup, clothes, blah, blah, and now I'm not going. I never get dressed up on a Sunday. Doing all that is a lot of work!!!

6. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

O geez... I know how you feel.. it is a huge hassle to get all dolled up & then cancel plans...
    Happy to hear you are staying with Boomer though :mrgreen:

7. Traci and Boomer

Do you guys think pepsid may help - should I go buy some? And it's regular pepsid I need, right?

8. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Hoping others can advise on the pepcid Q's

Traci, is Boomer eating at all? we want to make sure he is eating

9. Traci and Boomer

Re: 12/14, Boomer, AM-106, +4-50, +4.5-56, +5-72

Hi -

He's eating and up to 72. With him, the HCW kicks in pretty quickly. I just gave him 4 temptations for the test and I know that will jack him up higher too. I'm staying here until his past the +6 point - I was thinking of leaving at +6.5. I'll test him every half hour. How does that sound? Should I leave the HCW out?

10. Traci and Boomer

Re: 12/14, Boomer, +5.5- 61

I'm surprised he dropped this much in a half hour. I know I can get him up quickly if I need to. I'll keep encouraging him to eat.

11. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I'd check every 30 min. until you feel Boomer is leveling off. Remember to give him some LC to snack on (a teaspoon or two).

Regarding Pepsid -- it's the Pepsid AC (not Pepsid Complete or any of the chewable forms). You dose 1/4 tablet twice a day. Other than the pukus, is Boomer not himself? He's eating OK? Anything else that has you concerned?

12. Traci and Boomer

Re: 12/14, Boomer, AM-106, +4-50, + 6-58

Hi Sienne-

Thanks for hanging with me. He's been eating, not a ton, but eating. It's always easy to get him to eat HC treats.

I'm really not sure what to do. I wanted to leave in a half hour. If I do leave - should I start feeding him lots of HC treats - I KNOW he'll eat them and I'm pretty sure his #'s will go up.

Ugh! Is he over the dangerous part because it's after +6?

13. Traci and Boomer

Re: 12/14, Boomer, AM-106, +4-50, + 6-58, WCR

WCR-He seems ok. Not eating as much HCW as I thought he would given the opportunity. Some days he attacks his food, some days he whines and waits for something better. Right now I've made the "executive decision" to feed him a ton of HC treats to get him to a better level. Eek. We'll see what he is in 15 minutes. Then I'll decide whether to leave or not.

14. Traci and Boomer

Re: 12/14, Boomer, AM-106, +4-50, +6.5-73

I am presently feeding him HCW with some turkey, parmesan cheese, and HC treats on top. :eek: Gotta pursuade him to eat. I'm gonna leave now and will be back by PM. He's got another bowl of food out too. I hope this works. Keep your paws crossed for us!

15. Traci and Boomer

Re: 12/14, Boomer, PM-97 & dose reduction

Home from my visit today. Boomer did okay - no puking, but not much eating either. He's still "off". My BF had some Pepsid and he gave me some to try. I put 1/4 of a pill ground up in his food. I had to try a lot of tricks to get him to eat. When he's feeling well he'll generally eats without a problem.

Because of his 50 earlier I reduced his dose to .25. We'll see if he can hold this dose. Maybe he's not eating tonight because he had junk food all day and nothing compares?

16. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

good luck with the new dose! IMHO it looks like he's ready for a reduction, I hope so!

17. Traci and Boomer

Re: 12/14, Boomer, PM-97, +2-88

Thanks Libby. I hope he can hold it. Last time he was on .25 his numbers became yellow after a few days.

I'm a little nervous about him getting low again tonight. I know that earlier he wasn't really in a hypo but it still was a little nerve-wracking. Plus he's not his usual self because his appetite isn't there.

I looked at all the kitties on your rescue. Someday I'd like to get a siamese/snowshoe mix, I think that's my favorite combo.

18. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Traci,
    There are different strengths of pepcid; I use 1/4 tab of the 10mg pepcid. There is also a 20mg and the complete variety also.
    It's very good to have on hand. Just like you have Tums or Tylenol in your medicine cabinet, the pepcid can be in Boomer's medicine cabinet.

If I see Shadoe licking her lips, she is a bit nauseous, so I give her 1/4 tab. If he keeps vomiting, you may want to get something stronger from your vet.

19. Traci and Boomer

Gayle,

Thanks for the head's up; I didn't realize there were different strengths. I've got the 20 mg Pepcid pills and I gave him 1/4 pill. I do think he feels better (finally) tonight, as I've seen him visiting his food bowls that are out. He's preening as we speak and has been quite affectionate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.