12/14 Hoot AMPS 421 YIKES! +2/394, +5/289

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Pam & Hoot, Dec 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pam & Hoot

Pam & Hoot Well-Known Member

12/13 Condo

12/13 Recap:
    AMPS - 240
    +2 - 204
    +5 - 176
    PMPS - 263
    +3 - 120
    +4.5 - 61 - Fed 1/2t HC 22%
    +5 - 60 - Fed 1/2t HC 22% plus a drop of honey
    +6 - 120

Good Morning LL :coffee:
    Well that is a first for Hoot...421 :shock: :shock: :shock:
    What up Hootie??? Please come on back down a few colors for Mama ;-)
    He seems to be feeling just fine, eating his breffis as I type this.
    All 5 P's and attitude are good too :D
    I think he borrowed Papaya's trampoline :roll: :lol: :lol:

OT: DH's Dr app for his knees was quite a surprise :eek:
    He needs both knees totally replaced :eek:
    They are both bone on bone :sad: We knew the one was bad and the other one wasn't great but we weren't expecting that!!
    So they gave him a cortisone shot in both knees and he feels much better this morning, and actually had a good nights sleep lastnight :D
    Hopefully that will get him thru work until the beginning or middle of February when he will have his first surgery.
    Then he will have his second surgery a month later. I love that he will be home, but hate that he will be only getting 60% of his check nailbite_smile
    But we will survive this hurdle too :roll: Somehow we always do ;-)

Thanks for the visits yesterday :D
    Sending ♥vines♥ to all in need today :YMHUG:
    And special ♥ :YMHUG: ♥ to Will and Josie.
    Happy Caturday LL :YMPEACE:

2. Rachel & Chyna (GA)

Rachel & Chyna (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 12/14 Hoot AMPS 421 YIKES! +2/394

Oh dear on the trampoline! Seems like a lot of bouncy kittehs in LL today. Come on down Hoot. But it's great that he's feeling good with all his P's! I'm sorry to hear about DH and the knees, it sounds very painful. My friend just had one knee replaced and she's off her feet for 12 weeks...I can't imagine both being done :shock: I'm a wussie though. I'm glad he got a good sleep though :smile: Hope you all have a good Caturday!

3. Cleo & Jane (GA)

Cleo & Jane (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 12/14 Hoot AMPS 421 YIKES! +2/394

OK, Handsome Hootie, nothing to see up there. Time to come on down! Glad to hear that Hoot feels just as great as usual :D

Wow on DH surgeries, Pam. He will just rehab from one knee and go right into the other. My sis is having her knee replaced at the end of January. She already had one done years ago, and is looking forward to feeling good again, but NOT the rehab!

Have a great day!

4. Pam & Hoot

We've hit 3 colors so far...Come Hoot you can do at least 4 :roll: :lol: :lol:

5. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

What were you doing up there this morning, Mr Hoot?? Good to see you coming back down.

Pam, I'm glad your DH got some sleep last night. Wow on the upcoming surgeries. His new knees will feel so much better.

Thank you for the extra thoughts today and the last few days ~ we truly appreciate it.
    Please give Hoot some ♥ for us.
    :YMHUG:

6. Pam & Hoot

So glad you stopped by Josie :D
    I am thinking of you so much these days ♥

7. Pam,
    Did they discuss doing both knees at once? A coworker of mine had that done based on advice of another guy who had done one at a time. The overall cost was lower. And the first guy told him that it was the rehab that was the absolute worst part. After rehabbing the first knee, he really considered not having the 2nd one done just because he didn't want to go thru the rehab again.

8. Pam & Hoot

We did ask because we had heard pros and cons about both ways and this Dr said he doesn't like to do them together thats it's just to difficult on the patient.
    Could be a $$$ thing but DH is ok with it so we'll just do them this way and hope for the best ;-) Thanks!

9. Kim & Twice

Kim & Twice Well-Known Member

Good job trying to get out of this bounce Hootman! One more floor down isn't too much to ask for your Mama :D
    Big Yikes for DH to have to go through the surgeries and rehabs back to back :sad: But bone on bone must just be excruciating pain for him. It's going to be a heck of a challenge living on 40% less! I love your optimism though Pam..you just make me :D

10. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry about the bounce. I hope Hoot comes back down soon. Wow on your DH needing both knees replaced. I'm glad the shot is helping him feel better.

11. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

That was just ugly, Hoot. :-x I'm glad to see you're working on a slide. Slide, not dive like Papaya. ;-) My DBIL got both knees done at once and the doc didn't recommend it but he did fine. Do the rehab. DBIL would do 3 times what the PT said to do.
    Liz

12. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Nice sliding so far, how about that last color for mamabean?

DH will be so happy once he has gotten it done. Paws crossed for a speedy recovery time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.