12/15 Tigger AMPS 310, +5.5 346, PMPS 433

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Moms2Tigger&Blu, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Moms2Tigger&Blu

Moms2Tigger&Blu Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...-small-slow-increases-on-ketone-meter.207925/

How long do I hold a dose after a green number 10 cycles ago? Normally I keep a dose for a week and asses numbers. At the end of the first 14 cycles at 1 unit Tig only hit green once (high green) and blue twice. Do I hold another entire week - 14 cycles (unless he earns an immediate reduction) or do I wait atleast 7 days from the lowest nadir? Its been about 10 cycles since last green/blue, but to be fair it looks like he might have gone low yesterday am cycle as he has had two relatively flat high cycles since. I just don't want to miss the opportunity to keep him on track, and I especially don't want to see any ketones developing. . . . should I decrease? His numbers were way way way better on 0.75 units when you look at the SS. Have I gone past his optimal dose?

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I don’t think you have past a good dose. I think you haven’t got there yet. Per SLGS, you can increase after seven days with no numbers under 150.

How is Tigger feeling today?

3. Moms2Tigger&Blu

Moms2Tigger&Blu Member

ok. I think he's doing well. No excessive anything (aside from cuteness). We had a houseguest last night/today and he was his normal, brave self - walked right up to her like "you know this is my house, who the heck are you?" Demanding attention and cuddles. ketone blood meter was 0.6 just now. all seems well.

Wendy&Neko likes this.