12/17 Lucy Caturday report

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Libby and Lucy, Dec 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Hi everybody!

I just thought I would pop in for a Caturday report. Lucy is still doing great - I test her roughly once a month, and last week she was still hanging in the 60s. Good girl! We are approaching 3 years OTJ, which makes me a little nervous because it seems like 3 years is when a lot of cats come back from the Falls, but so far she is hanging in there just fine.

[​IMG]

I've seen some of the comments about tight regulation, and I have to say that I would give ANYTHING if I could take back the mess I made of Lucy's first 7 months on insulin. I thought she was going to die and that it would be my fault because I couldn't figure out how to use insulin. I'm so grateful to have found LL and some people who said "sure, we can help. Here is what YOU have to do." My goal at the time was just to try to get her to live to the age of 6. Now she is 9.5 years old and almost 3 years OTJ. I don't care that I missed a few months of good sleep - Lucy is alive and well and I would do it all again in a heartbeat (and I guess I did do it all again when I got Jazzy!).

I miss Jazzy a lot, but her death has freed up space for me to do some fostering for Siamese Rescue. Here are my current girls, a bonded pair of sisters who lost their home due to domestic violence.

[​IMG]

Chloe and Bailey's album

They are so, so sweet and fun. I love them and can't wait to find them their furever home. Lucy can't wait for them to find their furever home either (three divas in one house is a bit too much and she wants them gone! LOL!).

Sorry I can't be around as much as I would like, but I do lurk and try to pop in when I can. Between my job and having 5 cats in the house, I'm stretched pretty thin but I think of you all the time and I hope I can get back soon.

2. Anne&Muffin (GA)

Anne&Muffin (GA) Well-Known Member

Yay! A Lucy condo! Wow on 3 years OTJ coming up! That's awesome! Don't worry, just think positive! Gorgeous pic of Lucy under the tree. So happy she is doing well.

Bless your heart for fostering those beautiful sisters! They sure look happy to be with you. Bless little Lucy's heart, too, for sharing her home with them, even if she isn't too terribly thrilled about it! :lol:

3. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

Lucy always looks SO INTENSLY FOCUSED!! :lol:
    Wonderful to see a Lucy condo :D

hope you are doing well, and you are experiencing boatloads of Holiday Cheer...

we are truly grateful for YOU.

celi

Miz Libby...
    I tradez u two Tortiez fur two Sya-meeziez...
    Dey can haz alla bedz an' toyz
    (But sharez fudz) :D
    Pleez to call 1-800-Binksman an sez YES!
    Binks

4. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Hey Libby, good to 'see' you! Lucy is looking awesome heading for 3 years OTJ. And she is so cute tucked under the Christmas tree. :mrgreen:

Aww, those sisters are beautiful. I'm sure they are glad to be in your home and heart, and we are glad too. cat_pet_icon

5. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Wonderful report! Thank you for posting this today.

Lucy does indeed look like an Imperious Queen, but the girls are gorgeous too.

6. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

Somehow...this incredibly gorgeous picture seems fitting for your condo :D

[​IMG]

7. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Awwww...they are all so beautiful and so are you, you fabulous bean! What a wonderful generous heart! Thank you for all your help here in LL, we are sure that Zener would be miserable if no longer with us without you all in LL.

Lucy is a lucky girl and almost 3 years OTJ - priceless! :D

8. DD & Tinkerbell

DD & Tinkerbell Well-Known Member

Beautiful report, beautiful family, beautiful bean!

9. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

great to see you libby! lucy looks as fabulous as ever!

thanks for teaching me Tight Regulation and all of its benefits. i agree with you 100% - a few nights of getting up is nothing in the big picture. it's like any other investment you make - some short-term sacrifice for a long-term gain.

beautiful foster girls! i hope you have a wonderful Christmas in your new place!

10. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

YAY!! A Lucy condo! It is so great to think that she is going on three years. That is just the best. Chloe and Bailey are truly beautiful kitties - wow! I hope they will be able to find their furever home soon.

Have a wonderful Christmas in your new home!

11. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

Hi Libby-

Lucy looks fabulous! I'm glad she's doing so well.
    Thanks to you I now have 2 meezy friends from SCRC.
    Have fun fostering.

12. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

What a great report for Lucy. Love the two new fosters!! They are all three gorgeous but I share Lucy's feelings about too many divas in one household!!

Hope you are well, Libby. We miss you!

13. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

What a treat to open your condo and see such beautiful photos, especially one of the most beautiful of them all, Miss Lucy. Three years OTJ sounds like a really nice Christmas present.

14. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Libby & Lucy and Chloe and Bailey and your other two kitties,

Merry Christmas and thank you, Libby, for always being here for us. Lucy looks wonderful, and the foster sisters are so pretty. I hope they will find their furever home soon. 3 years OTJ! Congrats to you, Lucy!!

Have a great holiday season, all of you!

Ella & Rusty

15. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Hi guys, so glad I caught this condo! Congratulations on 3 years OTJ! I am sure Lucy will continue to thrive at the falls .. And how sweet of you to take in those gorgeous babies! I can't even begin to imagine 3 meezers in the same house .. mocha is such a handful herself I can only stand in awe of you .. Thanks for stopping by with the update, I just love reading about lucy!

16. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Beautiful pictures, and congrats on the 3 years OTJ. Sooo inspirational!

I could not agree more about finding LL...it is the best place. Ever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.