12/19 Autumn amps-243, +6-202, +10-234, pmps-237

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MommaOfMuse, Dec 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

Kind of expected her to be up a little today after the stress and chaos of yesterday and having a mom that was near meltdown and in tears most of the day.

But the good news for the morning is the Drooler just had his first SOLID POOP!!!! Woohoo and Amon Ra has once again decided to give up the kitty crack and get with the program and eat his wet noms again. Awww the miracles that famotidine and Parm cheese can perform. :D Gave the drooler the famotidine and dusted the canned food with Parm and everything fell back into place.

But talk about being close to needing a padded room yesterday with one off their food and one with liquid poop after just losing Angel to unknown cause. Especially with all the things the vet was able to tell me it wasn't with Angel. Normally I'm one of those people that panic when I have time after the crisis is over, yesterday that was completely out the window and I was in full blown freak out mode, and it really didn't help matters to have DH call at lunch and unload on me for being scared and emotional because he was having a lousy day at work as well. It was pretty icy around here for about the first few hours after he got home which I'm sure stressed Autumn out as she is such a momma's girl.

Mel and The Fur Gang

2. RobinCot

RobinCot Well-Known Member

Re: 12/19 Autumn amps-243

Hooray for SOLID POOP!!!! It's SOLID POOP day!!! You and DH should be celebrating!!!

I can not even imagine the stress you went through yesterday worrying about your family. I am glad your drooler and that silly Amon Ra go their act together. You don't need this now.

Wishing you a calm day!

3. MommaOfMuse

Re: 12/19 Autumn amps-243

Thanks hon,

Right now the drooler is stretched out on his back giving me his sweet goofy doggie face which is so good to see, as he scared us both witless last night at bedtime, we had just got in bed and started to fall asleep when he lets out this blood chilling howl, immediately both our nightstand lights go on and we nearly collided getting up to check on him, only to have him give us this Sorry doggie face, so apparently he was dreaming, because he was fine. Heart failure for mom for sure. He's still not back to his normal goofy self just yet but definitely on the mend. We kind of suspect in his case it was the new bag of dry food, so last night and this morning he got just his canned mixed with table scraps.

I also had to explain after I calmed down some to Jon that most of my freak out yesterday was because several years ago I lost 13 cats including a mother cat and all of her 6 kittens to a contaminated bag of Diamond cat food. And back then they had all died just like Angel, fine one moment, dead the next. With no known cause so yeah I was freaking out. We also had a long talk last night about that he has to remember that I'm not one of the guys, I am regardless of how strong and practical I am most of the time still a woman which means I'm going to get emotional over things that no man will ever understand and the coming unhinged on me isn't going to help matters. That instead of coming unhinged on me because I was upset and he was just as worried as I was that a simple " Honey, I know you are scared and worried right now, so am I, but try to calm down and just keep a close eye on things before you have a stroke" would have gone a long way in making me feel better. But barking at me (which got himself hung up on ) wasn't helping at all,instead it was making me more upset and freaked out. I was like Honey, if you are trying to calm down a scared child or animal screaming at them is only going to make matters worse and make them more afraid. And to do it to a mother that is scared to death about her baby could get you killed! lol Lord knows by the time he got home last night I wasn't sure if I wanted to collapse in his arms or drive a steak knife through his chest. :lol:

Mel and The Fur Gang

4. MommaOfMuse

Oh she's got something in store for me in the next couple of cycles, because she's been flat yellow for the last couple of days and today her had an early nadir which is classic Autumn for "Mom get ready to test my ears off I'm gonna make a run for the basement" lol

Mel and The Fur Gang

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.