12/2 Luna - AMPS 173, +4 173, +8 130, +10 106, PMPS 171

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by For_Luna, Dec 2, 2019.

1. For_Luna

For_Luna Member

Yesterday was interesting. Here's how it went:
    +8 122 - That's a good number for Luna these days
    +9 137 - She's heading back up, insulin must be wearing off. Still a good number
    +10 - Need to run out, but she's heading up. Shouldn't be anything to worry about
    +11 LO (Retest 46) - What?! Still using the Libre sensor, so we confirmed with our back up meter

A lime green any other time is easy to deal with; feed, test, feed, test, etc. At +11 it complicates things. We had to feed because since she's been home, dropping all the way to PS has happened a few times. (Not sure why that is. Her nadir used to be around +8 or +9). So we fed and stalled an hour and she started coming back up on her own. We reached out to our vet but didn't hear back until later in the evening, so we went with 1.5U (he was ok with that).

After the food spike wore off around +4, she hung out in blue until AMPS.

Her numbers are starting to look better. Seeing a lot more yellow and blues, but we have these weird HI cycles mixed in. I thought the first one was a fur shot, but I can't believe after all of this time we're just now starting to miss her injections. The AMPS 151 to +2 396 makes me think we're seeing the old bouncing Luna again. Strangely, that 46 from yesterday didn't trigger one last night. I think our vet is starting to believe us when we say Luna is complicated.

2. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Oh man, what a surprise. Luna really keeps you on your toes!

I’m so happy to see that her numbers are coming down that’s so great Dan :joyful:

have a great day!

For_Luna likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Luna sure does keep you on your toes. I'm glad she came back up for you. I hope she surfs safely today.

For_Luna likes this.
  4. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

She is a puzzle that one. Hope today is a good day for her.

For_Luna likes this.
  5. Sandra And Buddy (GA)

Sandra And Buddy (GA) Well-Known Member

Luna @ +10 " I'll teach you to leave me alone for a minute! Hope you have a great day and Luna keeps her number up.

For_Luna likes this.
  6. For_Luna

For_Luna Member

Luna is having some day! Blue since +6 last night.

7. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

What a blue day:cool: Dan, has anyone ever told you Luna is unusual:p
    I really do wonder what she will do tonight. PMPS will be interesting - I think it's a good thing you reduced! I hope she surf pretty for the next cycle.

8. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Nice blue day!!! Woo hoo! And you know that 46 was just to give you a little 'who's in charge around here' reminder...

Luci did the same thing to me this morning...I mentioned something about going out...what ever was I thinking!

You guys are doing a great job! Glad Luna is getting back to her old self :)

9. For_Luna

For_Luna Member

PMPS 171. Blue streak is still alive. I have a feeling +2 will be yellow, but I think we'll have a good PM cycle.

Sonia & Leo and Sue and Luci like this.
  10. For_Luna

For_Luna Member

Yes. She does what she wants and I've given up trying to figure out what she'll do next.

PMPS is still blue. Fingers crossed for no bounce

11. For_Luna

For_Luna Member

I know, it's crazy. These blues look a lot better than black. And we definitely know who's in charge.