12/2 Tiger AMPS 78;+1=91;+3=113;+6=132;+10=210

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tiger(GA) and Ruth, Dec 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

Last condo: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=128907

This AM, Tiger ate what seemed to be a reasonable amount of breakfast, so I gave her the shot. Then she promptly vomited not once but twice. ohmygod_smile Definitely a scarf and barf not a hairball. I'm not used to this at all! Had I suspected nausea, I would have skipped the shot, as it was, I'm glad I reduced her dose (BCSS) I was prepared to take her to the vet but somehow I managed to get a bit of Cerenia in her and she was better and eating around +3. I have a few more gray hairs today :oops:

We saw Dr.Robertson yesterday for BW- good news, ALT AST GGT are all back to normal, and all BW with exception of one kidney value are good. They are e mailing me the labs. One other thing, ever since taking the metronidiazole for the pancreatitis attack, Tiger is only pooping every other day. Dr.Robertson suggested I switch from organic baby food squash to canned pumpkin,unsweetened, as it should have more fiber than processed baby food. She prefers this to Miralax at this point. Does this seem reasonable? Also, last night, I roasted leftover pumpkin that I used for Thanksgiving Floral arrangement. Could this have made her sick> :oops: She did not get any this morning.

Prayers to Tricia's Fur crew, Marje's mom, Amy's Dad and Lyresa's Dad-I know there are others too, kitties and humans- tons and tons of healing vines for all who need them! :YMHUG:

2. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Ruth,
    It's wonderful that Tiger's values are back to normal! Sorry about the scarf 'n barf today, but these things happen. Nice greens and a good cycle in general.
    I think that many people here use the baby food squash. I have a jar for emergencies, but haven't had to use it. Do you know this website on feline constipation? Ann (Tess) found it. It has so much good info.: http://www.felineconstipation.org/index.html

Thanks for your visits to Rusty's condo. Always nice to hear from you.

Have a good evening,

Ella & Rusty

3. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Thank you Ella, Wow, that website is like the Tanya's Website for poop! :shock: I have never seen this before, lots of reading to do tonight- thanks!

4. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Excellent news on b/w. Sorry, though, about the scarf and barf. Always AFTER the shot, huh? Stinkers!

I'm on the floor at this one!

Good luck with the poop issue, though.

Marilyn and Polly

5. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Ruth, have you ever tried putting Tiger's food on a flat plate and spreading it out?

It can force them to slow down to eat instead of being able to scarf it up

They also have special bowls you can buy that force them to slow down too like this one Slow feeder bowl

(or you can put something safe but inedible in the bowl, like a golf ball or large rock...works the same way)

6. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Thanks Marilyn and Chris- No, I have never seen that plate before, it would be worth a try, and I will try the flat plate tonight to see what happens. She is usually much more delicate when she eats LOL! :D Thanks for that!

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good way to get the bean up this morning Tiger. :shock: :mrgreen: Better than a jolt of expresso.

Neko's has had a few pieces of roasted Jack O Lantern with no problems. In fact, she whined for some every time I took the container out of the fridge.

Great news on the improving bloodwork. :D

8. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Hi Ruth. Sorry about the barf experience. Pat is super smart when it comes to both constipation and CRF to name just a few topics. I used to give Tiffany canned pumpkin and Max has had it as well. Both like Libby's canned but the pure pumpkin and not the pie one. Neither would eat the organic I bought at Trader Joe's. Start with a teaspoon and maybe mix it in the cat food or 1/4 t twice a day and go from there. Squash doesn't have much fiber I learned and thought it was helping in the past. Since the cans are so big you can freeze it in ice cube trays and take out a cube each day if it works for you.

Great BG numbers but not if Tiger isn't feeling well. Do you think it's p'itis or she just ate too fast? I hope it was just eating too fast. I feed Max on a small plate as well. In fact I use the saucer plates that I never use for myself as I drink my coffee from a mug. I hope the pumpkin helps and the barfing is not nausea but just a one time thing.

9. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I'm glad TIger got some food in herself today and I'm sorry for the scarf/barf. Poor girl. Quick and smart thinking on your part, Ruth.

Hooray on the bloodwork. I'd be more than happy to look at the labs if you post them to her SS.

I've known Pat Erickson a very long time. In fact, I reviewed that website for her before she finally got it up and running. She's super smart about constipation and CKD. I hope it helps.

Thank you for the vines for my mom. She's doing great. She's in a neck brace but doc said fractures should heal in a few months.

Sending healing vines for your sweet Tiger.

10. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Hi Ruth. Somebody needs to update a ss for the last couple of days. :eek: I was checking to see if the pumpkin is helping? Somebody needs a condo soon too. I hope all is well as you didn't update since that pj party and the last number was a 42.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.