12/24 Autumn amps-168, +3-160, +6-69, +8-90, +10-109, pmps-168

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MommaOfMuse, Dec 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

Well since this isn't where I have normally posted for most of my time on FDMB I guess a little bit of an introduction is in order.

While I am a new face over here, I have been around for several years with several different FD cats. My original girl was Muse thus the screen-name, Muse has been at the Bridge now for almost 5 years, after Muse came Maxwell who I adopted from DCIN, Maxwell was a Lantus cat and has been OTJ now for 4+ years. After adopting Maxwell, I also adopted Musette from DCIN, she was only with me for a year before leaving for the Bridge after an emergency vet screwed up and misdiagnosed her, and let her go into DKA and Fatty Liver, by not following my requests to force feed her, and completely missing the her RBC was dropping like a stone. Shortly before Musette earning her wings I also adopted my current lady Autumn also from DCIN.

Autumn is a bit of a special case, OTJ will never be an option for her as too much damage was done to her before she was adopted into our family. Autumn was allowed to go 10+ months after she was dxed without any form of treatment by her previous owner. When she arrived at my home almost 3 years ago she didn't weigh even 5 lbs and she is not a small framed cat. She was so matted that the mats had twisted her skin into them causing huge sores all over her body, she was severely dehydrated and had moderate ketones. Today she is a healthy and happy 14 lb. girl. Autumn is on Levemir, as she reacts violently to Lantus

Autumn also has a second adopted FD brother here as well Cassanova, Cass came to me as a private party surrender after he lost his first mom. When I got Cassanova he was being shot blind 11u bid and being free fed DM dry. He was also a watermelon with feet at 37 lbs. Today he is also OTJ! And a sleek and muscular 17 lbs.

Besides the 3 Sugar cats, there are 12 civies here, most of which are special needs in some form or fashion. As well as one very large species confused drooler....King the drooler truly believes he is just a very large and clumsy kitty.

Mel and The Fur Gang

2. MommaOfMuse

The silence around here is deafening

3. tibbs5

tibbs5 Well-Known Member

i'm just trying to figure out where the heck to post. call me very confused at the moment. lol

4. tibbs5

tibbs5 Well-Known Member

i post from my phone. i can't tell who's on line. do we all post together now? no more relaxed lantus group?

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Nadine, no more Relaxed and no more Lev groups.

Hi, Mel. The big, clumsy drooler who thinks he's a cat made me giggle!

6. tibbs5

tibbs5 Well-Known Member

thanks Sienne

7. MommaOfMuse

Yeah Nadine

Thanks Sienne, yeah poor guy is the only canine in a sea of felines and really hasn't seen too many other dogs, took me a couple of years to convince him that he wasn't a kitty and really should potty outside NOT in the LITTER box...lol He just has no clue why he can't play on the cat trees or what is wrong with rolling in the catnip when momma puts it out for the other kitties. But OMG don't let anyone look like they are going to hurt one of his kitties, then he remembers he's a dog and a BIG one. For the longest time I had to lock him out of the room when I would test one of the sugars because if they squeaked at all he was in there in a flash growling with teeth bared. Now he realizes that mom isn't hurting the kitty so he ignores the whole testing process. Now he is content to just play referee when they get to playing too rough with each other.

Mel and The Fur Gang

8. MommaOfMuse

Another beautiful cycle for my beautiful girl.

Mel and The Fur Gang

9. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Hi Mel!

Welcome to TR. We hope you and Autumn and the other Relaxed members will feel at home here. It is a little quiet today between the board change and the holiday.

Autumn had a great day! Is there a way to see her SSs prior to today?

Have a merry Christmas!

10. phlika29

phlika29 Well-Known Member

Hi Mel

Just wanted to swing by and say a special thankyou for helping me to get remi controlled on lantus and now OTJ.

I must say that even though I ended up mainly posting in tight regulation I am finding it a little odd that both groups have ended up back together. I get the reasons why and am sure it will become familiar soon enough. :)

11. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Mel,
    Wanted to say Merry Christmas!

and how funny that you're gonna wear that ornament.....
    guess I should hide my tree.... it has lots of pewter ornaments.... cats , cats, kachina's, hummingbirds, and Winnie the pooh..... :D

12. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Oh, wow, I learned how to "quote."

I love this line! Had a big ol' brown mixed breed who lived with 8 resident cats and up to 4 fosters at any one time. He loved the kitties! And they loved him. Scarey dog aggressive but crazy about his pack o' kitties.

You do amazing things with your crew. Look forward to learning lots from your perspective.

Marilyn and Polly

13. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Hi Mel. Merry Christmas! That's cute about your dog. I wouldn't mind having one, but work gets in the way. But, if he went in the litter box, it might be an okay thing :)
    Thank you for the introduction. It sounds like you've done some great things in caring for your furbabies.

14. Laura&Chichi (GA)

Laura&Chichi (GA) Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas Mel and the fur gang! Hope you and your family are having a nice holiday:)

15. doombuggy

doombuggy Well-Known Member

Hey, Merry Christmas! How'd the tree turn out?

16. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

would have liked a picture of the tree....

17. MommaOfMuse

As soon as I get them downloaded out of the phone and figure out this new software I will post them. It was a little but lovely tree, at least it was until the drooler took it down repeatedly lol So while I won the bet that you can have cats and a Christmas tree the jury is still out if it is possible to have a Christmas tree and a large dog.

Mel and The Fur Gang

Squeaky and KT (GA) likes this.
  18. tibbs5

tibbs5 Well-Known Member

Hi Mel
    Great to see you.
    :)

Attached Files:

19. KittyMom777

KittyMom777 Member

I believe this isn't TR but a completely new group. Hmmmm....that's what they'd like us to believe anyways.

20. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Juliet

I was incorrect. This is a new group and it isn't TR. If you read the post further, you would see that I indicated I was the one with the misunderstanding. You will also see I changed my signature, at Jill's suggestion, to indicate we are following TR.

Let's all move forward realizing that we are all in a new group with plenty of experience and caring to help each other regardless of what method we are using to manage our cat's diabetes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.