12/24 Donovan's family update

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MJ+Donovan, Dec 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

previous condo: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=84040

I posted on FB shortly after it happened, but also wanted to let everyone at FDMB-LL know that Donovan's civvie sister Holleigh-berri went to the Bridge early Sunday morning. She was diagnosed with CRF shortly after Donny went to the Bridge last November, and her renal values spiked a few of weeks ago. She was hospitalized for IV infusion again, but it didn't improve her values much, so I brought her home. She had an exam/re-check on Dec 19, and there was slight improvement, but the scary part was that after the technician brought her back from the blood draw, she just collapsed and started panting. She was fine before that and does not get overly stressed during vet visits. The vet was right there and checked her, and we decided to wait and see if she would perk up before bringing her over to the critical care unit. She did recover and after more observation I took her home. I thought she would bounce back like before; after all, a year ago my vet didn't think she would make it. But she got weaker over the next few days, and I felt like her time might be near. I stayed with her all day Saturday and lay down next to her through the night. Around 4:30 am, her breathing stopped :cry:

photo of Holleigh-berri shortly before I adopted her in December of 2001:
    [​IMG]

pic I found of Butthead and Holleigh-berri:
    [​IMG]

And to leave things on a slightly more pleasant note, a photo of my sweet Piglet enjoying his first Christmas with me. He has been one of the few bright spots in my life this year.
    [​IMG]

Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers,

MJ

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

(((((MJ)))))
    I'm so, so sorry. It has been such a time of loss for you. I know Piglet can't take the place of Donovan or Holleigh-berry. But, there will always be moments where a silly expression or behavior will trigger a memory that will touch your heart and make you smile. I wish you many, many sweet memories of your kitties that now have their wings and have taken up residence at the Bridge.

3. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

(((((MJ))))) I am so sorry. Holleigh-berri was a very lucky kitty to be with you, who loved her and took such good care of her.
    Liz

4. Tara & Buster

Tara & Buster Well-Known Member

So sweet you were able to be with her as she crossed. Sounds very peaceful. I'm sorry you're going through so much at once :YMHUG: Fly free lil girl wings_cat

5. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I'm glad you were able to be with her as she passed. (((((MJ))))) you've been through so much.
    I hope little Piglet will find a way to bring you some joy,
    and that the memories you have will warm your heart.

Fly Free Holliegh-Berri.
    Please snuggle with your mom at night in your angel way.

6. Deborah & Shasta

Deborah & Shasta Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear about your sweet Holleigh-berri. May she and Donovan continue to watch over you and your family! Blessings to you, your family and Piglet!

7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear about Holliegh-berri. At least you were able to be with her at the end and she knew how much you loved her. Sending you prayers and hugs and hoping Piglet can bring you some comfort with his sweet antics.

8. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

We are sending you much love.

~Josie (& Ripley)

9. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

((((MJ)))). I am so sorry to read this. Know that you are in my thoughts.

10. Rocket & his Mom

Rocket & his Mom Well-Known Member

thank you for sharing Holleigh-berri with me over the last year...i know it was challenging juggling Daphne and Holleigh-berri at the same time....

your four babies are celebrating Christmas in style with God! they're all watching over you and close to your heart always!

I know you miss them and i know it is a rough 2 yrs you've had....and I'm glad Piglet is there to comfort you.....

sending prayers of peace for you in this very difficult time!
    [​IMG]

11. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

((MJ)) So sorry about Holleigh Berry ((hugs))

12. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((MJ))) My thoughts are with you, my friend. Sending you many hugs and special memories of your darling Butthead, Donny, Daffy, and Holleigh-Berri. They will always be with you.

[​IMG]

13. Camille and Cyclone

Camille and Cyclone Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to see this. This has been a very difficult time for you, but hopefully next year will be happier.

14. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

((((MJ))))

I am so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful photo of Holleigh-berri and what an adorable one of her with Butthead. I hope that Piglet is able to lighten your spirits and that you may take comfort in the happy memories of all your sweet kitties.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.