12/24 OTJ Party for Remi, Sarah & Stewart

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by julie & punkin (ga), Dec 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

2. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Congratulations Sarah, Stewart and Remi!

[​IMG]

Enjoy your Life at the Falls!

3. phlika29

phlika29 Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone. I am still trying to find my way around the forum. Took me about 5 minutes to work out why I couldn't find a reply button:) I hadn't signed in yet:p

4. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

Yeah, I can't figure out how to see replies to posts yet. *sigh* but we'll get there. :)

5. tibbs5

tibbs5 Well-Known Member

Sarah
    i found it. I LOVE LOVE the video.
    CONGRATULATIONS.
    WOO HOO

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  6. phlika29

Yay. Thanks Nadine. I am not sure if you read down the original thread but I tried to thank everyone I could remember who helped me along the way and that included you (and many others :))

7. KittyMom777

KittyMom777 Member

You need to go to your settings to follow any posts you've commented on. Then you'll get alerts.

8. tibbs5

tibbs5 Well-Known Member

yes Sarah
    i went to the old link and saw it. i am SO HAPPY FOR YOU.
    xoxoxoxox

WOO HOO

Attached Files:

9. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Congratulations Remi :D Nice video!

Enjoy Living At The Falls!

10. phlika29

Thanks everyone

I am still testing remi 2 x a day and he seems okay still. He has been on the cisapride for his acid reflux about a week now and this seems to help with his acid reflux and in turn his asthma. On New Year's Eve I took him for a blood test at the vet and the results should be available tomorrow so fingers crossed they are okay. My main concern at the moment is his on going weakness. He just isn't as strong as before but it may be I am not giving him enough potassium supplementation. He is still getting a monthly vit b injection.

Thanks once again everyone for all the help, guidance and support I received.

11. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Sarah, I missed most of the trial and the celebration, but I am sooo happy for you rand Remi! Did you ever think this day would come? Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):D:smuggrin:

12. phlika29

Thanks Tricia

I can't believe that we actually managed it and can only say that it was good luck and the excellent advice from members of the forum that got us through. In my head my goal was for remi to be off the juice for Xmas but I never thought it would actually happen :).

I keep saying to my partner to expect that remi may have to go back on insulin in the future but for now we feel very lucky indeed.

Typically after the general positive update I gave yesterday (the post above yours) remi goes and throws up this morning :eek:. I am not sure if it is because I tried to increase his potassium supplement or something else.

13. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Sarah,

I was thrilled to read that Remi made it to the Falls before Christmas. I'm so happy for you both. I'm sorry it took me so long to find this news - unfortunately I still find the volume of activity on this board just as overwhelming and panic-inducing as the previous TR ISG board, so I have found myself in the situation where I can't follow people over here to this new ISG. I just can't cope with it.

I hope that Remi will spend a long and happy time in his new condo by the Falls. :)

(((Sarah and Remi)))

14. phlika29

Hi Aine

Yay I am glad you found the thread. I really can't thank you enough for all your help and encouragement, especially in the early days when I was beside myself with worry. That phone conversation we had was invaluable.

I do hope we can stay in touch even if just by the occasional pm. I agree the volume of traffic does not suit everyone and I have lost track of whether the relaxed members are posting or not.

I sometimes think that it's a shame there isn't a UK forum or even thread. Some of the issues UK members face are quite different from other countries with regards being prescribed insulin, food available, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.