GA 12/25 Meggles is gone

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Vyktors Mum, Dec 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Meg came into my life a little over six years ago when I got a frantic phone call from a friend who was a vet nurse asking if I could foster a rabbit that had been dumped at the surgery that day. The (appalling) vet had decreed that if they hadn't found somewhere for her to go by close of business that day she would be PTS.

I said there was no way I could foster a rabbit - there was no point in pretending her stay was going to be transient as I fall in love far too easily. And so it was that Meg came to live with me. We were both pretty wary to start with. Me because I knew nothing about rabbits. Her because of whatever had befallen her in her first four and a half years.

For the first two weeks she spent most of her time hiding behind the toilet. She gave a huge shock to a friend who was in there peeing when she appeared from nowhere to nip his ankle!

For the first two months she bit me and drew blood every time I went near her. The first time she failed to draw blood and just left a bruise I knew we were getting somewhere.

Very very slowly over the years her trust in me grew and she began to love me back. It helped when I looked up a website to help me decipher 'rabbit speak' and I realised that what I had thought was a game was actually annoying her no end! Then we made a giant leap forward when I saved her from a falcon that had cornered her under a bush. The bites were replaced by affectionate headbutts and before I knew it we were rubbing noses.

The extent to which her love and trust had grown was made clear today at a different vet surgery when she suddenly jumped from the table and into my arms to die.

As she lies in my arms now I remember how she used to take such joy in frightening the chickens by sneaking up behind them and headbutting them up the bum. It didn't matter that they often jumped straight into the air and landed on her head, she would not be deterred!

I remember how she would trash her feeding room if she felt that I had fallen down on my duties in some way or the hay wasn't up to standard.

I remember how she attacked poor Purrdy every time he ran the gauntlet of her corridor during his stays here - no matter how hard he tried to make friends. And how, until very recently, she still launched at Vyktor any time she caught him in her corridor or he tried to come near us during her outside time. Recently she had recognised that he was ailing and stopped.

I remember when she suddenly started peeing on the floor of her tunnel room and wouldn't stop for six months. Research uncovered the most likely cause as my mum daring to step into that room, her private space. Everyone bar me was banned from that room for ever after and Meg didn't miss the lb again.

And mostly I remember how far we came, how much fear she had to overcome and how incredibly loving she grew to be letting me smother her with kisses and ground hugs and asking for more.

Tomorrow I will lay her to rest with Charlotte the super chicken who some of you oldtimers may remember.

Thanks for the memories Meggles. The house will feel so empty without you but you will live on in my heart forever. RIP :rb_icon:

@Marycatmom ; @Chris & China thanks for all the 'speshul carrots'
    @julie & punkin (ga) and others, thanks for asking after her

Vyktor's day
    AMPS 149 +3 106 +4.5 86 +8 83
    PMPS 101 +2 77

Purrdy's day
    AMPS 153 +3 135 +6 106
    PMPS 257 +3.5 164 +4.5 142

Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
  2. Peg and Toby

Peg and Toby Well-Known Member

Sending Hugs and Prayers to you for your loss. Remember she knew that you loved her. Fly Free Meg.cat_wings>o
    It's so sad we have been saying good-bye to so many of our fur babies here lately.

3. Shelly & Jersey (GA)

Shelly & Jersey (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Serryn)))

I'm so sorry to hear of Meggles' passing. Thank you for sharing her story with us. May you find comfort in warm memories of the love you had for each other.

Fly free, little one, and land softly.
    Shelly

4. MollynSkooter

MollynSkooter Well-Known Member

Oh Serryn, I am so sorry to hear of your loss! She sounds like she was just an amazing lil rabbit! Sassy and take charge - my kind of gal!

Sending much love to you during this difficult time xoxo :rb_icon::rb_icon::rb_icon:

5. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh No!!! So sorry to hear the news of dear Megs!!

As much as we teased dat bunny, we loved dat bunny too!!!....what a character she was!!!

Fly free sweet Meggles and land softly....Be a good bunny at the bridge and I'm sure the kitties there will love you too!!:rb_icon:

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  6. Marycatmom

Marycatmom Well-Known Member

Oh, Serryn, this is heartbreaking. Meg was such a special girl. I'm sending you hugs and prayers.

7. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Serryn, I am so sorry to hear that beautiful Meggles has died. It was always so much fun reading about her antics scaring the cats. How sad for you.:bighug::bighug:
    Land softly little one:rb_icon:

8. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Oh man, I'm so sorry ((((Serryn)))). I have had many bunnies in my lifetime and I know how special they are.
    But Megs was extra special. She is loved so so so much by you, and had all of us loving her too. :bighug:

Fly Free and Enjoy The Bridge Meggles.

9. Andy & Pimp

Andy & Pimp Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry Serryn. Meg had a great life with you.
    You opened your heart to her, and though it took some time, she crawled right in.
    She will always be there in your heart.
    Hugs and prayers
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

10. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Serryn, I am so sorry. How wonderful that you rescued her and gave her what I can only imagine was a very good life. Wasn't here to read the stories at the time but your post makes me wish I had been.

sarahtee likes this.
  11. ShelleyP

ShelleyP Member

oh ... I am so sad for you! It's so hard to lose a beloved fur baby! Hugs going out to you.

Shelley

12. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Too much loss and heartbreak but it is the price of love and loving her and Meg loving you back is the most precious gift. I'm very sorry for your loss and our thoughts are with you. Fly free little Meg.:bighug::bighug:

13. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry Serryn. Meggles sounds like a fiesty, but fun bunny.

14. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

((((Serryn)))) I am so sorry. What a wonderful life Meg had with you and the rest of the household, even if it took a while to get there. What a character. I'm glad that she had a bean who learned to appreciate her. Big hugs.
    Liz

15. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Oh Serryn, I am so sorry to hear about Meg. Thanks for sharing her story with us. She sounds amazing! And what a nice time she must have had with you and your menagerie. Peace ~ :bighug:

16. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Serryn))) so very sorry to learn that Megs has passed, fly free sweet baby and land softly. My deepest condolences to you.

17. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Serryn I am so sorry to read this... Fly free Meggles. How wonderful that you will be laid to rest next to Charlotte. I remember Charlotte too.... Be at peace little one, land softly at the Bridge.

18. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

((((Serryn))))
    I'm so sorry.
    Fly Free Meggles.

19. Paula

Paula Well-Known Member

((((Serryn))))
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I didn't know Meggles. I enjoyed reading all about her. She was a very special rabbit. R.I.P Meggles. Send your Momma a sign from the Bridge:rb_icon: for you are sooo loved and always will be.
    Fly Free little one.cat_wings>o

20. elizabeth and gus

elizabeth and gus Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss.

21. Asrael

Asrael Well-Known Member

Sending so much love and light to you Serryn and hugs!

22. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Serryn, I'm SO sorry it was sweet Meggles time to cross....bunnies hold a special place in my heart. BIG HUGE loooooooooong hug. Thank you for sharing her with us.

Soar high on your new angel wings sweet Meggles - you're so loved.

23. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry, Serryn :bighug::bighug::bighug:...Meg touched all of our hearts with her antics, but most of all I know she became
    a huge part of your heart. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.....

24. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Hugs and vines for you. I'm so sorry to read this. You gave Megs a second chance and a happy life. Kudos to you.

25. Madeline528

Madeline528 Member

Serryn, I am so sorry for your loss. You gave Meg much love & she had wonderful life with you. My prayers and thoughts are with you:bighug:

26. Suzi_S

Suzi_S Well-Known Member

Oh, Serryn, I am so sorry. Fly free, sweet Meg.

27. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

(((((Serryn)))))
    I'm so sorry for your loss.

cat_wings>o Fly free, little Meg...

28. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Serryn, I am so sorry to hear about Meg. I've always enjoyed hearing about her happenings. Sending lots of hugs and prayers.
    Fly free dear Meg.
    :bighug::bighug:

29. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

image.jpeg
    (((Serryn)))
    I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Meggles was one lucky bunny.
    (I do remember Charlotte the super chicken)
    Fly free sweet Meggles.

30. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

((((Serryn)))). My deepest condolences on your loss. Meg's was a very special bunny with a ver special relationship to you. When you came back with Vyktor this time, one of my first thoughts was of Meg. She sure left an impression on all of us. :bighug::bighug:

31. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((Serryn))) I am so very heartbroken for you to hear about Meggles. OMG....she is one of our L/L Land legends and we all have grown to love her as our kitties. Meg stories kept me laughing. I’m truly sorry for your loss and hold you close in thought.

Fly free Meg.

[​IMG]

32. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

I didn't think I had any tears left. I was wrong.

What an amazing story. What an amazing little bun. Now, an amazing part of LL lore.

I'm so sorry, Serryn. So very sorry.

MEG.jpg

She waits.

Marilyn and Polly

33. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

so very sorry…. she moved on on the most special day of the year…..hugs...

34. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

So sorry about Megs. I didn't know her or Charlotte the chicken. Sounds like life was interesting with them. Be free Megs.

35. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

candle.jpg Farewell you little ankle biter, head butter, flying free from your mommabeans arms.

36. Tara & Ivana (GA)

Tara & Ivana (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear of Meg's passing, bunnies are such special companions. You're wonderful for taking her in when she needed you. And your chickens sounds like such fun too! (Your household sounds a lot like mine.)

37. Anne & Hyde (GA)

Anne & Hyde (GA) Well-Known Member

Serryn - so sorry that Meg's time had come. :bighug::bighug::bighug:Never known anyone with rabbits- who knew they had so many rules.

I'm sure that she will get all the GA's organized at the bridge:rb_icon::rb_icon::rb_icon:

38. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

I am sorry about your loss of Meggles. Thank you for the smiles at such a great personality :joyful: sounds like she was quite the character. Glad you were able to enjoy each other for the years you did.

39. sarahtee

sarahtee Member

I'm so sorry for your loss, Serryn. It sounds as though Meggles had a huge personality, and I'm so happy she had six great years with you.

40. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry Serryn. Sending prayers and hugs. Fly free Meg.

41. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Such a sweet and touching story - How lucky you both were to have found each other
    so sorry for your loss

42. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

*sniff* i'm so sorry to hear about Meg - but YAY that she leapt to your arms! She knew you were her safe place and she just wanted you. I have LOVED Meg and the adventures she got into. And of course I remember Charlotte the Super Chicken. I'm glad to hear they'll be together.

big hugs to you, Serryn. It's so hard to lose a little furbaby. They are our family.

Fly free, little Meg. Land softly.

43. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

{{{Serryn}}}

I am so saddened to learn that Meg Rabbit has crossed. I loved hearing about her antics, especially when Purrdy was visiting and she had to explain the rules (her rules) to him. Her story is amazing, and you are a very special person with a loving, patient, generous heart to persevere and teach Meg to trust and then love you. It just broke my heart to read about her jumping into your arms at the end. Sending peaceful, comforting vines to you as you start the Meg-less chapter of your life.

Vines and prayer, also, for Vyktor. Feel better, buddy, and eat your fuds. I'm sure he's missing Meg, although he would never admit it.

44. Lynn & Rupert

Lynn & Rupert Well-Known Member

I am sorry for your loss of your funny, beloved bunny. I know you are missing her. :bighug:

45. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss of Meg.
    The story of how your bond evolved is amazing and touching.
    I love how you put it, especially the part "how much fear she had to overcome".
    It's so true, it's them who have to work the hardest part of bonding.
    Your story made me appreciate my timid kitty Ginger even more, so thank you very much for this post.
    Sending many comfort vines and light.

46. Melissa24

Melissa24 Member

Such a sweet story about her! I am so sorry for your loss.

47. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Laura and Gremlin (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending you hugs and much love Serryn. RIP little Meg :(

48. MaineLove

MaineLove Member

Thinking of you in your loss. Thank you for sharing your story with Meggles. Prayers and hugs, Kathe

49. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

((((Serryn))) I am so sorry for your loss of Meg Rabbit, you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Fly Free Sweet Meg, and land softly- you were so loved.
    heartcandle.jpg

50. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear ((((Serryn)))), I'm just seeing this wonderful tribute to a remarkable companion. We are very sad that Meg's time had come. I can picture her at the Bridge, making sure that all those kitties and droolers toe the line.
    Meg Bunny, we are glad to have known you and we will miss you. Send your mamabean a message that you are safe and well at the Bridge. :rb_icon: You are much loved.

In deepest sympathy,

Ella & Edward, Rusty, and Stu (GA; making sure that Meg gets lots of delicious veggies at the Bridge)

51. Voula

Voula Well-Known Member

My deepest condolences to you Serryn on the loss of your beloved Meggles. This is such sad news. Hugs to you at this very sad time.

52. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

((((Serryn)))) just seeing this now, so sorry to hear about Meggles, :bighug::bighug::bighug::rb_icon:

53. Vicki and Jerry

Vicki and Jerry Member

So sorry to hear about Meggles. Beautiful story about Meggles. She was lucky to have you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.