12/26 Hoot PMPS 259, +4.5/103, +5.5/102 Dose question?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Pam & Hoot, Dec 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pam & Hoot

Pam & Hoot Well-Known Member

12/24 Condo

No condo for 12/25

12/25 Recap:
    AMPS - 129
    +2 - 172
    +5 - 125
    +6 - 109 - Ate some Christmas cookies :eek:
    +8 - 133 -
    PMPS - 178
    +3.5 - 138
    +5 - 172

Good Morning LL :coffee:
    I hope everyone had a safe and Happy Holiday yesterday :D
    Our's was very nice and relaxing :smile: Hoot even helped himself to some Christmas cookies :eek: :roll: :lol:
    The kitties got a new condo for Christmas and they LOVE it dancing_cat A little catnip enhanced of course ;-) :lol:
    All 5 P's, appy and tude are good :D
    Hoot is giving me some nice flat blues lately. I love not seeing the bounces, but still not seeing enough :mrgreen:

:?: I have a question about his numbers lately. It seems his bouncing is...dare I say...mellowing, and this is just my thinking and just wondering if it has any merit....would it do any good to just leave the dose where it's at and keep him level (although he's not seeing much green) as long as I can, to help the liver get used to these numbers and maybe help it to not bounce so much, and then give him a dosecrease when his numbers start to go higher? I know blue is not the ideal color, but it is better than yellow and pink ;-)
    I would love to hear your thoughts on this and help me decide if I should just go ahead and raise his dose now or give it some more time where he's at.

Thanks for the visits on Tuesday :D
    Sending ♥vines♥ to all the kitties and beans in need today :YMHUG:
    Happy day after Christmas LL :YMPEACE:

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 12/26 Hoot AMPS 160, +3/168 Dose question?

Hoot is looking good. The cookies didn't seem to raise his BG much. I don't know about the dose, but will be interested to see what answers you get. Have a great day Pam.

3. Kim & Twice

Kim & Twice Well-Known Member

Not a bad cycle, especially with contraband in his system :lol:
    Good luck with the dose advice. He sure has been looking good lately Pam!!

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

You've been at this dose since 12/12. That's a good length of time. If it were me, I'd be thinking about fattening the dose if you're concerned that a full 0.25u increase might be too much and set off more bouncing. If there was more green, IMHO, then it might be worth holding the dose. I'll be curious what others think but that's my 2 cents.

5. Pam & Hoot

Re: 12/26 Hoot AMPS 160, +3/168, +6/91 Dose question?

Thanks Sienne,
    I was thinking about just fattening it.
    I do think a full .25 would be a bit much.

6. MrZ

MrZ Well-Known Member

Hi Pam,

Thanks for stopping by Zeke's condo. Hope the dosing advice goes well for Hoot.

7. Cleo & Jane (GA)

Cleo & Jane (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Pam,

Happy day after :D
    Good question on the dosing. I understand exactly what you are saying. Hope the fattening of the dose gives you better numbers, but with no bounces!
    Have a wonderful day :D

8. Rachel & Chyna (GA)

Rachel & Chyna (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 12/26 Hoot AMPS 160, +3/168, +6/91, +7/99 Dose question?

Oh my Hoot, chasing after those cookies! :eek: I'm glad it doesn't show in the BG very much ;-) So great that they got a new condo, and love it! I hope the fattening you are thinking of for a dose will bring you some beautiful greens :mrgreen:

9. Pam & Hoot

Re: 12/26 Hoot PMPS 259 Dose question?

So much for leveling out :roll: But at least it's not pink!
    I think I am going to raise his dose in the morning a drop.
    We'll see how that works.
    I guess if there was an easy answer to bounces...none of our babies would be bouncing :roll: :lol:
    It all sounds good in theory, but we know who really runs the show and it isn't us :lol:

10. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Re: 12/26 Hoot PMPS 259 Dose question?

Good luck with the dosecrease - it sounds like a great plan for Hootie! Oh, these kitties....can't blame him for sneaking a Christmas cookie or two - I know WE over-indulged here, so I don't think we set the best example for the kitties :lol: - can't expect them to behave if we can't behave ourselves!!! The new cat tree sounds wonderful...I hope everyone is having a blast with it. Have a great night, Pam!

11. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

i like the idea of just a drop more, if you can manage to measure it. Hoot looks pretty good though! you could probably make a case either way.

i guess the question is, are the nadirs where you want them? If they aren't where you want them, then you want to tweak the dose. if they are, then you hold the dose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.