12/26 MooCAT AMPS 308 AT2 Another Fur shot last night! UGH!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Moocat, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Moocat

Moocat Member

Last night I was in tears after smelling the band aid smell. Who knew that giving him a drop would be so difficult. MOO's skin is so loose that even when I try to "roll" the skin, the other side sinks in. We had quite a time this morning getting this shot done, he was not happy. The bright side, no insulin smell. I hope this gets easier for us.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Furshots can be so frustrating, but Moocat will get back on track. When giving the drop dose, do you hold the plunger in for a few seconds before you remove the syringe from his body? That should help get the insulin in him.

Moocat likes this.
  3. Moocat

Moocat Member

I literally began to weep. I have been in "high anxiety" mode since this all started in November and I wasn't home testing. Yes, I do keep the syringe in there and I keep the plunger depressed. This morning, I tested a syringe near the sink and saw that the drop wants to hang on to the end of the needle even when the plunger is depressed.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Don't be discouraged by the furshot. We all do them. I once did three in a row. :bighug:

Moocat likes this.
  5. Moocat

Moocat Member

Thank you for the encouragement! I did 2 in a row a few days ago and thought I had it down then boom! Another one. I'm hoping that it'll start to get easier. I appreciate you reaching out and giving me support. I don't know what I would do without this Forum!