12/28 Gentle +5 311 - PMPS 164 - Decrease?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Pat or DC and Gentle, Dec 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pat or DC and Gentle

Pat or DC and Gentle Well-Known Member

Hi All,

Gentle, is doing well today. I'm wondering though, if we should decrease his insulin a bit or should we wait? I wasn't quick enough to test him for keytones today, but we did weigh him and discovered that he'd lost two pounds! He's leaner in a good way though, he started this little journey a not so healthy 16pounds. :mrgreen:

I also noticed as he was playing that his coordination is a little off. I knew he was going to take a hit when he got sick but I just thought I would share.

Thanks Everyone
    DonnCherie

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

It looks like you shot an almost identical PMPS last night. Your options are to go ahead and shoot. This is fine, providing as a 'just in case' measure, you have plenty of strips and high carb food in the house. You can delay the shot for 15 min, re-test, and if the numbers are on the rise, shoot. The other option, which I don't think is a good idea, is to skip the shot. Given last night, if you are comfortable with it, I think you could shoot. That said, I'm not one of the advisers.

3. Pat or DC and Gentle

Thank you. I think we're gonna give him the sot and see what happens tomorrow.

DonnCherie

4. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

good job. :)

Dose reductions are earned when the cat goes under 50, so it's not time to back off yet. These are the numbers we WANT to see! You're doing a great job testing, so when he is ready for a dose reduction you'll catch it.

5. Pat or DC and Gentle

Re: 12/28 Gentle +6 74 (additional check)

Hi all,

Just to be on the safe side we decided to check Gentle's BG at 3 AM after being so low at 1 AM. Looks like its going up so we'll see what it looks like later in the morning.
    Fed him some Fancy feast, that seemed to do the trick!

Thanks
    DonnCherie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.