12/28 Logan

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kelly & Logan, Dec 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelly & Logan

Kelly & Logan Well-Known Member

Logan has had a rough couple of days - so has DH2B. Yesterday, he stopped wanting to eat the Merrick and has been very fussy. He also vomited yesterday. His BG came down to 195 at one point yesterday, though. I came home this evening but he's not feeling too well. We ended up having to test/shoot/feed him under the tree. He ate 2/3 can of FF Elegant Medleys Chicken Florentine. After that, he ate 2 1/2 FF appetizers. He didn't want anything to do with the Merrick but he seemed very hungry.

He's going for bloodwork tomorrow morning so no food for 12 hours. I'm trying to decide if I want to just shoot a reduced dose tomorrow morning w/o testing (since I can't give him any treats) or test w/o treats and shoot the whole dose if he's high. I'm leaning towards a reduced dose since that will be the least stressful for him...we should be home by +3 at the latest.

We increased to 4 units yesterday morning. We did a full curve on Saturday and he never left the 300s. He was at 334 tonight when we tested him. He did rebound into the 400s yesterday but seems to have cleared that fairly quickly and is back to his favorite shade...PINK! Ugh!

Please send some eating/feel good/good vet vines for him. I'm really worried about my baby. Tomorrow will be a rough day for him...and his mommy. Vet visits are extremely stressful for Logan especially when he's already feeling bad. He's been hiding ever since he ate. :(

2. Sara & Magnolia

Sara & Magnolia Member

Lots of good vines to Logan and momma. Good luck tomorrow.

3. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

sending good vet visit vines and good eating vines.

Please be sure you're checking for ketones, especially if he isn't feeling well. I know that probably isn't the root of his problem, but you don't need to have that added complication (or if you do, it's better to find out early).

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Lot's of feeling good vines and good vet visit vines.

5. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

Sending many good vet vines. ((((Logan))))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.