12/29 Maximus AMPS 86

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Teresa + Maximus, Dec 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teresa + Maximus

Teresa + Maximus Member

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

NICE AMPS!!!! How is he doing? Eating ok etc etc?

3. Teresa + Maximus

Teresa + Maximus Member

I'm afraid I don't post much when things are going well. Max's appetite has never been an issue, but is ravenous as meal time approaches. He is definitely not peeing and drinking as much and seems to be moving a bit more. He is trying to lose weight slowly! I am going away for New Years and Max is to be boarded. They love him at the vet's because Max is a lover himself :)

4. Teresa + Maximus

Teresa + Maximus Member

Re: 12/29 Maximus AM +5~84

Max is holding steady. Is this characteristic of the correct dose? Is this the end of the decreases?

5. Heather and Jasper

Heather and Jasper Member

Max's last few days are looking great!!!! Nice and steady in blues and green!

It does look like the correct dose for now. Doses are always changing and the only "end of decreases" that I know of is the one that ends with a countdown and a party

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Do you know if they will be doing BG tests at the vet (and do you want them to)? Does the vet staff understand the importance of shooting 12/12? A lot of times when cat's are boarded, shot times are not adhered to and shots are forgotten. I'd also bring instructions for feeding and bring your own food - otherwise, I'd put bets on low quality or high carb food.

7. Teresa + Maximus

Teresa + Maximus Member

I boarded Max over Thanksgiving and was very detailed in my instructions, brought my own food, syringes and insulin. The vet tech I have dealt with has a sugarcat as well and has been very supportive of my home care. They may want to do a fructosamine, we'll see. I'll also bring Max's spreadsheet to show how well he is doing and why he is at the dose he is. Thank you for your concerns. :)

8. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

It's good to hear that the vet's office is familiar with diabetes care - many of them are not. I would recommend also taking in a sample syringe filled with colored water for them to refer to as a dose guide. We may also want to consider dropping the dose while he is there, and many kitties do not eat as much when boarded and stress can make numbers run either high or low.

Do you have syringes with half-unit markings? Do you know how often they will be able to test? Will they always do a preshot reading?

9. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Max is looking very nice! Glad you can get away and not have to worry about Max. I know that is a relief.

10. Teresa + Maximus

Teresa + Maximus Member

Yes, I have syringes with 1/2 unit markings. I have a brief confer with the tech before leaving and I will ask about preshot BG's and possibly lowering the dose. Great questions!

11. Teresa + Maximus

Teresa + Maximus Member

Re: 12/29 Maximus PMPS 137

*NM*

12. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Teresa, the dosing team discussed Maximus' dose while he is being boarded, and we agree that 0.5 should be a good dose. He is getting close to needing another reduction anyway, and that is a nice easy-to-measure dose. I second Cassandra's recommendation to leave a sample syringe, we have even seen vets mess up doses, believe it or not. Better safe than sorry on such a small dose and when he is running in such good numbers.

13. Teresa + Maximus

Teresa + Maximus Member

OK, I will make up a sample syringe for them. Should I give him the reduced dose tomorrow AM or wait till his PM shot at the vet's?

14. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

are you dropping him off in the morning? If so, I would probably go ahead and give the reduced dose. You don't know how well he'll eat there either. Safety first. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.