12/29 Six's AMPS 393, +3 307, PMPS 300 - advice

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amy and Six, Dec 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

12/28

+7 355
    AMPS (11.5) 393
    +3 307

yesterday's condo
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=74

Q1: This is day 12 at 1 unit BID and low carb diet/canned food. Will be talk to the vet later after sending Six's numbers to her. Is it time to increase his dose, maybe to 1.25 BID? Advice?

Thank you

2. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Re: 12/28 Six's AMPS 393 - advice?

no dosing advice here, just wanted to say come on down Six!

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

My hunch is that you have room and the data to increase the dose but one of the dosing advisers will be by to make a recommendation. Six's SS is remarkable though. Clearly, he was getting too much insulin at 5 units. The lack of black is very good to see!

4. Heather and Jasper

Heather and Jasper Member

Normally we increase Lantus after 6 cycles unless there is some blue in there then we wait 10 cycles. Since your first blue was on a PS 2 days ago, I've sent out a call to the rest of the dosing team to stop by and weigh in.

5. Amy and Six

More helpful info???

I have no idea about BG between PM 12/25 and AM 12/27. We were out of town. A cat sitter was in charge of injections while we were gone, but did not feel comfortable asking her to take BG. Could be there were more blues during that time...

I opted not to ask about dose increase before that time because I knew I would be out of town and unable to monitor BG.

I will be around for the remainder of the week (on vacation), but back to work on Monday 1/4.

Six has been on Lantus a total of 18 days...first 6 days at 1 unit SID, last 12 at 1 unit BID.

6. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

You are out of the black & pink. and That is Great!! You are doing very well for a newbie!! Keep up the great work!!

7. Amy and Six

Re: 12/28 Six's AMPS 393, +3 307

Thanks all for the words of encouragement! :D

8. Amy and Six

Re: 12/29 Six's AMPS 393, +3 307

I'm not good at this morning post...lol.

It's the 29th, not the 28th!

9. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Re: 12/29 Six's AMPS 393, +3 307

Amy, are you finished with the shot time adjustments you are making? I see that the last three shots were 1/2 hour early, at these numbers it's not doing much harm but we try not to do two 1/2 hour shots in a row because it can create too much overlap.

10. Amy and Six

Hi Libby -

I'm still shifting...the cat sitters hours were 2 hours off of my schedule (that we have to be back to by Sunday 1/3).

I'm trying to make shifts by 15 minutes every shot.

So tonight...I tested him at 8:00pm, 30 minutes before the 12 hour mark for the next shot. I gave him his shot at 8:15pm. Does that make sense? So when I am recording the PMPS it's really @ the 11.5 mark and the shot is at the 11.75 mark.

Should I adjust this shift? If so, how?

I am also still looking for dosing advice. Is it time to consider increasing his dose? Should I wait until the shift is done?

Thank you.

11. Amy and Six

Hi Libby -

I'm still shifting...the cat sitters hours were 2 hours off of my schedule (that we have to be back to by Sunday 1/3).

I'm trying to make shifts by 15 minutes every shot.

So tonight...I tested him at 8:00pm, 30 minutes before the 12 hour mark for the next shot. I gave him his shot at 8:15pm. Does that make sense? So when I am recording the PMPS it's really @ the 11.5 mark and the shot is at the 11.75 mark.

Should I adjust this shift? If so, how?

I am also still looking for dosing advice. Is it time to consider increasing his dose? Should I wait until the shift is done?

Thank you.

12. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

the reason I asked about your time adjustments is because if you're shooting 1/2 hour early every cycle, I would definitely not suggest a dose increase at the same time. Since your shots are only 15 minutes early, I think Six has room for an increase to 1.25 units.

The way you're recording your shots makes it look like you're shooting at +11.5. Since the test is within 15 minutes of the shot, I would just record it as the PMPS. I would write 300 (+11.75) in the box to show that you shot at +11.75.

Good luck with the new dose!

13. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

moving the shot in increments of 15 minutes is fine.
    how much more time do you have to make up?

14. Amy and Six

I'll fix the PMPS in his spreadsheet. Let me know if I do it incorrectly.

I have 7 more shifts to make (90 minutes). Six should be back to his normal schedule as of Saturday morning.

Thanks Jill and Libby!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.