12/3 Bee AMPS~304

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Nancy & Bee, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nancy & Bee

Nancy & Bee Member

Bee woke me up this morning crying for her breffus! Hungry girl is at 305...ick. Not so sure she was ready for the dosecrease ?!
    I will be around the house for several hours if we should go back to .5 dose.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=912

2. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Re: 12/3 Bee +12~304 dosecrease thoughts??

Hi Nancy. Sorry, but I haven't been following you guys and have a question....why did you lower your dose from .5 to .25? I looked at your ss and don't understand why you would lower it when Bee was getting pinks and yellows. I know with Spot, he needs to "earn" his dosecreases....stay in greens for a while before he gets a drop decrease, or if he goes into the 40's he may get a dose decrease. Just curious.

3. Nancy & Bee

Nancy & Bee Member

New Years morning she was in the green - 64 & then 38. Had to give her some hc to raise the gl so I could shoot & leave for work. Dosecrease recommended for PMPS. Now I'm not sure it is holding. I thought I had a syringe/dose mixup yesterday but all was ok too.

4. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

oh, ok...I didn't see that (no cawfee blindness, I supposed)...Yea, it looks like the dose crease isn't holding. I think the numbers are saying something to you...If it were Spot, I'd throw a drop onto that .25 and see if that helps.

5. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Maybe Try a bit & wait the 6 cycles, 3 full days to see if dose is working--That's the protocol right?? :thumbup
    I have had Moonie turn around on the absolute 7th cycle of a dose, so I'm thinking maybe not rush to up the dose..
    Just maybe wait out the 6 & see what happens??--She just did this exact thing today

6. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 12/3 Bee +12~304

Well Nancy, Bee did earn that doscrease certainly with at 38!!! And according to your SS, you haven't been
    able to check her during the PMs which is when that 38 occurred. that day...

Is it at all possible for you to get some PM checks in that would help fill in the data....
    I know it's hard with your schedule but without them, you are only seeing a limited selection of numbers....
    Only BEE knows what she is doing in the middle of the night, right?
    So Bee...what are you doing int he middle of the night, eh? o:)

7. Nancy & Bee

Nancy & Bee Member

Re: PM checks

You're right about the pm checks Pat!! My BAD.
    Bee's schedule is running really late right now. The wait & test thingy has us in a rut. Wish I could get her moved back to 9:30 am/pm. Then we'd have plenty of time for checks & get some zzzzzzzzz's too!

New years resolution...mommabean will test more & get schedule back on track! dancing_cat

8. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Re: PM checks

How much time do you want to move her schedule by? I've lost track of where you are. :lol:

You don't have to wait 6 cycles on a dose decrease before deciding that it didn't stick and moving back up to the last good dose. However, I do think some night pokeys might help clear up the picture. This 304 could be a bounce (because you can see that even when she hit the 38, she still only ended up yellow). Or it could be not enough juice, but I'm not sure we can tell for sure yet.

9. Nancy & Bee

Nancy & Bee Member

Schedule

Hi Libby!
    Sometimes I'm not so sure where I am either! But seriously, we need to move her back a bit. Right now she's at 11:15 am/pm. I think 9:30 - 9:45 would probably be the best time for us if I can only KEEP her there. :roll: I'm working a late schedule so I can stay consistent with her time. I'm usually home by 9:30 pm. (it's the only shift no one else wants so they're happy to trade with me. lol) The new schedule (actually her old one) would give me plenty of time with her in the am & allow for extra pm checks too.

10. Nancy & Bee

Nancy & Bee Member

+3~303

Well this is discouraging...we're stuck right where we started this morning. :?
    Could have sworn I gave Bee her insulin this morning!! lol
    Come on Bee...at least give us a little yellow today. :mrgreen:

11. Libby and Lucy

Re: 12/3 Bee +12~304

if she stays high, tonight might be a good time to move the shot time forward 1/2 hour to an hour. Of course now that I type that, she'll find a way to hit blue/green by then. ;-)

12. Nancy & Bee

Nancy & Bee Member

Incredibly special moment!!

The most incredible thing just happened...just had to share!

I had just returned home & was sitting on the couch reading the paper when I was joined by a warm little kitty. I assumed it was Harpo wanting a chin scratch...but it was BEE!!!! She gave me a soft little greeting & curled up next to me for over an hour.She has never done that before...EVER. My little rescue girl has always been cautious of too much interaction with a bean & wouldn't even let me pick her up until recently. Tears of joy smilie goes right here!! What a breakthrough.

Oh, also got a +7~239. :mrgreen:

13. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 12/3 Bee AMPS~304 (special afternoon)

isn't that the most awesome thing?
    cat_pet_icon

14. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

She's becoming a Honey Bee!

15. Libby and Lucy

wonderful! I was trying to explain this bond last week to someone with a newly diagnosed cat. It's hard to explain until you feel it, though.

16. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

You really need those interim checks. Morris was 362 at +4 today so I didn't worry a bit about leaving for the afternoon. He was 103 when I returned at +9 and his nadir is usually +8. Especially when changing doses, it's really important.

That said, I don't know how you keep track of everything with the wacky shifts you work...but as I used to tell Morris when I went off to work "mama's gotta work so you can eat, sleep and play in style". Think he cared??? grr_red

17. Nancy & Bee

Nancy & Bee Member

+10.5~286

Hmmm. Starting to wonder about Bee's dosing time & amount to shoot. +12 would 11:15, but I'd like to start working her back & question her dosecrease. Thoughts??

18. Nancy & Bee

Nancy & Bee Member

Re: 12/3 Bee AMPS~304 (PM dose/time?)

Ok to back her time a bit tonight? Still keep her at.25?

19. Nancy & Bee

Nancy & Bee Member

Re: 12/3 Bee AMPS~304 (PM dose/time?)

Close to usual time...what about dose?

20. Nancy & Bee

Nancy & Bee Member

PMPS~296

held .25 dose.

21. Libby and Lucy

sorry Nancy, didn't see this until just now. This board format makes it hard to spot questions sometimes, if you change the subject line of your first post that helps a little. You did good though. :smile:

22. Nancy & Bee

Nancy & Bee Member

No problem Libby. Had changed subject line for a while, but I have to learn to tcb on my own sometimes. And...contrary to popular belief...you ARE only 1 person! :lol:

More really neat news though...it happened again! I was on the couch watching tv & Bee crawled up to join me. She sat curled up next to me with the loudest purr for almost 30 minutes before jumping down & into her bed. flip_cat What a happy day! I just know this will make a difference in her recovery. She finally "knows" how much she is loved. *sniff*

Will get back to what I promised to do & add some numbers to the ss!

23. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

Awww, Nancy! It sounds like you and Bee had a pretty wonderful kind of day. :D So many good things come out of this disease, scary as it seems in the beginning. I'm so happy that you and Bee are developing that special bond.

24. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 12/3 Bee PMPS 296; +2 268

don't be discouraged, nancy. the expected bounce from that 38 should be clearing out at any time now...

25. Nancy & Bee

Nancy & Bee Member

+4~275

Wake up call for the +4. Yawn...

This board is the best thing going. It's so special to come back to some kind words...even when I've not been too chipper lately! (pita)

Would love to see some better colors, but I wouldn't trade this day for all the greens in the world! I have finally accomplished the bond with my little Bee that I've worked on for YEARS. :RAHCAT Now I know she wants to heal! And to think that she wouldn't even let me pick her up a short time ago.

Never give up on your rescue kitties!!!!!!

26. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: +4~275

after a pretty rough couple days on the board i have to tell you...
    that just made me smile and feel all good inside! the bond that develops between a sugar kitty and caregiver is just amazing...

ni-ni!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.