12/30 Hoot PMPS 195 Sorry :(

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Pam & Hoot, Dec 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pam & Hoot

Pam & Hoot Well-Known Member

12/26 Condo

No condo for 12/27, 28, 29 Sorry!

12/29 Recap:
    AMPS - 276
    +3 - 207
    +7.5 - 144
    PMPS - 201
    +4.5 - 196

Good Morning LL :coffee:
    Long time no condo :roll: Hoot is doing good tho, all 5 P's, appy and attitude are great!
    He is doing great, but his Mama Bean...not so much :roll:
    I am just totally overwhelmed with all I have to do. Caretaking my 83 year old Mother and James, the 89 year old that lives with us, and a diabetic cat @-)
    I just can't seem to ever catch up on anything. I can't keep up with condos and that makes me feel guilty everyday. So I have decided that I just can't do a condo everyday for awhile. I'm not going anywhere, but I have to somehow get some time back for myself. If I don't take care of myself a little bit better I'm not going to be any good to anyone when I crash and I'm pretty close. DH is learning how to help me with Hoot which will be a big help :D I am very thankful Hoots health is good and he has no underlying health issues, so I will get to a condo whenever I can instead of having the pressure of having to do one everyday. It's just all to much right now.
    I will miss my LL family and want to thank you all so much for all your support for Hoot and I. I think you have guided me well enough that I can do most of this on my own and I hope that when I do need some advice you will still be there for me. This is hard to write but needs to be said. Sometimes it's really hard to think you can't do it all, and I'm one of those OCD control freaks that really won't let anyone do it, so this is a big step for me :roll: :lol: I really do feel bad having to make this choice, but hopefully it will help free up some time.
    Thanks again to all of you and like I said I'm not going anywhere, just taking a long needed break for awhile ;-)
    Sending ♥vines♥ to all the kitties and beans who need them :YMHUG:
    I will see ya soon LL ♥

2. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

Re: 12/30 Hoot AMPS 246, +4/183 Sorry :(

Pam. No worries. Life is crazy and it is very hard to post consistently. I have gotten bad lately. If I am at tbp, I post but not if I am at home. I know what you mean about feeling guilty but don't. ((((Pam))))

3. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

I can so relate with too much on one's plate. I have fallen way behind with everything.... and we're still otj.... not having to balance shots and tests.
    Post when you can or need support.
    Sending hugs...

4. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

You have a full plate, Pam....do NOT feel guilty! Someone will always be here to help, no matter what. It's great that DH is learning to help with Hoot...that must be a tremendous relief. We like to think we can do it all, but it is definitely really, really hard to actually pull it off. Take care of yourself, and post a condo when you can, just because we love to hear from you and Hoot, but don't feel pressured to do so. :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

5. donaleen and Ozy

donaleen and Ozy Well-Known Member

Hi, Pam. Just one cat is keeping me busy, especially emotionally. sounds tough, hugs to you.

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Pam, we understand. You have to take care of yourself. I'm glad Hoot is doing so well and your DH is helping you. We'll be here when you need us or you just have time for an update. :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

7. Tina and Boozle

Tina and Boozle Member

I had one of those days yesterday. Sounds like you have a lot on your plate. I hope you are able to get some "you" time. :)

8. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning Pam :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

no worries! I think we all understand. It is tough to juggle care of ones parents, and the needs of an FD kitty. It is great that your DH can help. You take care of yourself, post when you can.

And Hoot my friend, you are looking good. Keep those great BG's coming, surf well for your bean, and remember to dish out those head butts and snuggles as often as you can.

Have a good ay today Pam. I hope all goes well.

9. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

(((Pam)))
    Don't think twice about not posting a daily condo or visiting. Of course, we'll miss hearing from you on a regular basis but it's far more important for Hoot that you take care of yourself. We're not going anywhere and we'll be here when (or if) you need us whether it's because you have a question or feel like you need support or if you just need to rant. This place is like family. You can go but you never truly leave.

10. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

I agree with everyone, ((Pam)). We all support you no matter what.
    Good for you for knowing what your limits are ~ that's a hard thing to recognize.
    You have such a big heart ♥ Take care ♥

11. Tara & Buster

Tara & Buster Well-Known Member

It's ok to step away for a bit. LL will never abandon you!! Take care of yourself. You are a saint for looking after everyone. That certainly can't be easy. Surf safely, Hoot!!

12. Lauren&Tommy (GA)

Lauren&Tommy (GA) Well-Known Member

Goodness ((Pam)), I couldn't agree more with what every one else is saying. You have no reason at all to be sorry to take a step back and take care of you, for your sake and Hoot. I've been gone for a very long time and I'm still having trouble getting on here as much as I'd like. There just doesn't seem to be enough time in the day. This place is family and they aren't going anywhere, no matter what you need some wonderful being is always around to help. Please take care of yourself and give Hoot a scritch from me ;-)

13. Pam & Hoot

Oh you guys made me cry...but happy tears ♥
    I've never quite witnessed anything like this LL Family and am so very grateful for you all :YMHUG:

14. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

don't think twice about it! i took care of both of my parents as they needed it, and it's all a person can do all by itself. fortunately, it was before punkin became diabetic. take care of you - you know the saying on the airplane, put on your oxygen mask first or you can't help anyone else! we'll be here when you need us, even to just cheer you on. hang in there!

15. Kim & Twice

Kim & Twice Well-Known Member

(((Pam)))

I am so proud of you, for taking steps to take care of yourself :YMHUG: When one has as much on their plate as you do, it is all too easy to ignore yourself and your needs and become a helping zombie.
    Big pat on the back to DH for helping you out :D I hope it helps to take some of the weight off for you. That's a good man and a great partner :D
    Hoot looks good! Such a happy kitty he is :D

16. Cleo & Jane (GA)

Cleo & Jane (GA) Well-Known Member

Pam,
    I agree with what everyone has said also~ You have to take care of yourself. Life can get so darn stressful. I know you will give us updates on Hoot now and then. I am glad he is doing so good :D I am glad that DH will be helping you more also. Hugs for you and scritches for Hoot!

17. Amy & Papaya (GA)

Amy & Papaya (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Pam! You have nothing to be sorry about! Pop in when you can to say hello and let everyone know how Hoot is doing . . . LL is to support you . . . don't feel like it's something you have to keep up with to any predetermined degree! Take care & know you are welcome any time even if those times are sporadic :D

18. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((Pam))))...you, Hoot, your family....they all come before us. We will be here when you have time.

But remember that you never have to worry about visiting condos if you just need the support of old friends who are dancing the dance with you. You should never feel guilty about letting us know how you all are and you don't have to visit other condos.

Sending you hugs and hoping things improve. You're my hero for taking care of your mom, the older gentleman, sweet Hoot, and your DH. Take care of you, too.

19. Tigger's Friend

Tigger's Friend Well-Known Member

(((Pam))), (((Hoot))),

You have a huge load on your plate right now, and You need You on top of all the others needing you.

I've had to back away too, for awhile & yet tonight I needed help & everyone stepped right up & I got more support than I imagined after being away so long. This place really is family, and they have your back & ride shotgun at the same time.

I hope everything goes well for you, Hoot, DM, D Elderly Gentleman, and DH. That's wonderful DH's supporting the effort with Hoot.

20. Pam & Hoot

Thank you all so much ♥♥♥

21. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Pam,
    Just adding my voice to the chorus. We all understand. Drop in every so often and let us know how Hoot (and you) are doing. And never be reluctant to ask for help when you need it. We are family here.

Hugs and scritches,

Ella & Rusty

22. MrZ

MrZ Well-Known Member

Pam,
    Hope this one less thing to do will help you recharge. Best of luck to you and Hoot. Let us know how he's doing when you're up to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.