12/31 Kitty AMPS 105, +6 49-dose advice?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kathy and Kitty, Dec 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Edited subject line. Please see below for question.

Yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=440

Kitty just wanted his numbers to reflect that tonight is a blue moon. ;)

We still plan to take our dosecrease tonight - go to 2.0 (assuming 2.0 is one drop less than 2.0 F) -- assuming there are no objections, based on this AMPS. None? That's what I thought. :mrgreen:

Have a safe, enjoyable evening, everyone. May you all magically get 10 hours of sleep in 8 hours. (What more could I wish you?? :D )

2. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Re: 12/31 Kitty AMPS 105

Just wanted to say--Happy Happy Healthy New Year to you & your family too, and may you be Blessed in 2010 with all Life's good things..
    You are a great great momma bean & a futerrific person...Kitty you are a greenie cat--That's Bootiful--HUGS~!

3. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Add a few more hours in the day and I'll take you up on 10 hrs. sleep. Kitty, surf nicely. Have safe Happy New Year.

4. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

I would be happy with 6 hours of sleep in 4 hours. ;) Can I have that? For two nights? :mrgreen:

Oh, and I wish for lots of baked good......which I will resume posting at some point. It was fun having your condo be as delectable as a French cafe.

5. Kathy and Kitty

Sleep seems to be popular! I think our kitties are monopolizing all the sleep around here. :D

Revised New Year's wish: May you all get DOUBLE the impact from however many (however few?) hours of sleep you manage.

And may visions of sugarplums, chocolate croissants, Danish and of course DONUTS dance in your heads. :mrgreen:

A sweet (but low carb) new year to all.

6. Kathy and Kitty

Re: 12/31 Kitty +6 49-dose advice?

I believe he went lower than this, since he has been eating on and off for an hour. (I was waiting to test, hoping to clear the food, then gave up because he kept eating!) He's been very fidgety today.

We were planning to shave the dose tonight, but I'm wondering whether we should take a real .25 decrease.

He was diagnosed at the very end of January - just under a year.

To shave, or to decrease, that is the question!

ETA: I just fed him and will test again in an hour.

7. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

Congrats on the 49!!! I'm patiently waiting for that number! :lol:
    Where do you guys live? It's not showing up under your user name.

8. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Hi, just popping in for a minute before making some dinner...

Why don't you try a fat 1.75? It is a little more than a shave, but less than a .25. How's that for diplomacy? Kitty has been gently reducing the dose and things are looking very good here. Since you believe Kitty was lower than the 49... I can see why just a shave might not be enough. But I want the reduction to hold and this is really the same 'type' of reduction you have been getting. Slightly less that .25 each time... using skinny/fat, skinny/fat. Right?

Good luck!

9. Kathy and Kitty

Thanks! I fixed the location. (We're in Tennessee.)

Kitty hasn't been this low for weeks. The first dips into this range can be very unnerving, but I finally learned to "shoot low to stay low. Honestly, though, I'm more comfortable when he's above 80, but it's not about the bean!

I can forget any doubts about whether he's ready for the decrease. :)

You'll get there!

10. Kathy and Kitty

Thanks! I think he may have earned a .20, rather than a .125 (talk about shaving hairs!). I do want it to hold. But he hasn't reacted to the last shave or two with low numbers. Maybe that shed is getting full.

Enjoy dinner!

11. Kathy and Kitty

Re: 12/31 Kitty +6 49, +7 63-dose advice?

Right now, I'd say reduce from fat 2.0 to skinny 2.0. Not a full .25 drop, but a little more than we'd planned.

Will feed again.

12. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I like how CD thinks she can negotiate with a cat's pancreas. But I do think her suggestion is a good one.

13. Kathy and Kitty

Re: 12/31 Kitty +6 49, +7 63-to skinny 2?

We're at fat 2.0 now, so fat 1.75 is a full .25 down. Using CD's logic (but not her math :D), less than .25 would be skinny 2.0.

Please check my calculations! I haven't had anything to drink, but I can't do math. :D :D :D

14. Libby and Lucy

it's ok, I don't remember them covering fat and skinny in math class. :?

2 skinny sounds good to me.

15. Kathy and Kitty

Thanks, Libby!

p.s. Kitty finds Lucy's story inspirational. Must be the Siamese in him. :D

16. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Congrats on the decrease.

17. Libby and Lucy

Kathy, I don't think I realized that Kitty had Siamese in him until you posted this new picture. I had noticed his eyes, but he is definitely pointed, although in a cute mixy-Lynxy kind of way. Now Lucy's gonna get a big crush on him....

18. skippy and birten

skippy and birten Member

Hi, I am not a dosing expert but was told that Skippy being a new diabetic like Kitty almost a year anything under 50 is a dose decrease. Good luck when you get advise. Happy New Year to you

19. Kathy and Kitty

Libby, Kitty definitely has some Siamese. Those blue eyes are just a little crossed. You can tell Lucy that he is available. :D

Birten, I wish I could! Kitty was diagnosed almost a year ago -- 11 mos. -- so he's on the borderline and doesn't get a full .25 under 50. I'll settle for .15.

Happy new year to everyone! :D :D :D :D

20. Nancy & Bee

Nancy & Bee Member

Happy dosecrease Kathy & Kitty! What a great way to wrap up the year. :mrgreen:

21. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Happy Dosecrease. Picture is cute. Have a Happy New Year. Maybe Kitty has made OTJ his NY resolution. (anti-jinx)

22. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Happy New Year, Kathy and Kitty!!! [​IMG]

Congrats on the extra dosecrease! Wishing you a chocolate croissant filled 2010! :mrgreen:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.