12/6 Bailey AMPS 140 +2 206 +3 175 +4 211 +8 180 PMPS 229 +2 180 +4 140 +8 179

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Rosie & Bailey, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Yesterday, Bailey slowly dropped throughout AM cycle from AMPS 141 to PMPS 80. Then, she smacked me with a 57 @+1 and that took care of my night. Way too much drama this week.
    12/5 Bailey PMPS 80 +1 57(52 AT) +2 63 +3 69 +4 73 +5 94 +9 117

Last night was not fun. :(

Bailey started aggressively demanding food at PMPS+1 last night. I was surprised to see a 23 point drop from PMPS to +1. I was more surprised to find the AT meter read 55 while the Prime meter read 57. Wish I had been able to get a Prime reading @+2 to compare to the AT reading of 52, but I just couldn't get enough blood out, and I was too flustered. I needed to feed her as quickly as possible. On the positive side, shark baiting @+1 means I can throw lots and lots of carbs, and just let them work throughout the cycle. It's easier than when she does shark baiting later in the cycle.

With the 20% variance, Bailey could really have been at 45, which would have required more aggressive action on my part. I am thankful that I had AT strips, which I only recently purchased because her last low numbers event left me shaken. From now on, I plan to double check all Prime results under 60, even if it's just with another Prime strip (or two)

I am following @Hroswitha's dose of 1 drop, pushing up into the syringe so that she is hopefully getting only what's in the needle. I hope I got something into her today. I expect she will need an increase, but for now I need to keep her safe.

For now, my heart is thankful for the AMPS 141. Hoping for a slow blue day today.
    Thanks for the therapy session FDMB. I'll stop rambling now.

2. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

You are getting close. :bighug: Those low number episodes can certainly get your heart going!

Rosie & Bailey likes this.
  3. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope you have a less exciting day today. Those lows are hard sometimes but it means you are getting somewhere!

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I know night's like that can be exhausting, but Bailey is doing great. Hope you can get a nap in today.

5. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

The stress will wear you out!
    I've started feeding Ravan at night between tests! (trying to give his little ears a rest too!)
    I'm hoping he stays in low numbers for a while before he bounces. Maybe his bounces won't be so high.:arghh:

I thought he'd stay in Yellow by now when he bounces!

Hope you get some much needed sleep :)

6. Rosie & Bailey

Thanks everyone for being so supportive.
    I'm hoping she gives me a nice blue PMPS tonight and surfs blue. :cool::cool::cool:

7. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Come join Ravan[​IMG]

8. Rosie & Bailey

Thanks for the invite Ravan. Bailey decided to sunbathe on the beach. Where's her bikini?