12/6 Jen's Oreo AMPS~235 curve included

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jen and Oreo (GA), Dec 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning LL.

Got a curve in yesterday, but didn't get time to post. Was busy with chores and homework since Saturday was a busy day out of the house.

Recap with curve:
    12/4 PMPS~37, shot .75u (newbies, don't do this!! We've been at this a long time and I know how she reacts).
    +1~104
    +2~143
    +3~164
    12/5 AMPS~209, shot sk 1, went btb
    +4~298
    +6~241
    +8~159
    +11~65 (missed +10, was doing homework)
    PMPS~67, shot sk1
    +2~203
    12/6 AMPS~235

So, my question about the curve...I don't have timed feeders and really don't know how I can make that work with 3 kitties that all think they are starving to make sure Oreo gets the food and not someone else during the work week to get her a mini meal during the cycle to stop that drop between +6 and +8. DH works from home so that could work when he is there between those times. Any other ideas to slow down or ease out that massive drop?

Previous Condo

WCR: happy, soft, talky, furry-purry :mrgreen: She is good, feels good, looks good and plays so everything is good.

Anyway, any thoughts on the curve are appreciated!

Have a good day LL!

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Jen --

How are you feeding now? Do you have any time off coming up soon where you could experiment with different approaches to feeding?

3. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Sienne, they eat at AMPS and PMPS currently. And yes :mrgreen: I do have time off coming up. I will be off work from 12/23 until 1/3. I could try experimenting and maybe, just maybe train her to use a timed feeder...that could be interesting, but I might be able to get her used to coming at a certain time for her snack.

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Given that Oreo does have food spikes, a timed feeder would definitely help with those mid-cycle drops. Have you ever tried freezing food into catsickles? That might also help if DH can feed but needs to be away from the house.

I'm hoping that Jill or Libby may have some additional suggestions.

5. Jen and Oreo (GA)

I haven't tried the catsicles, again the fear of will she get it or one of the boys :smile:

Thank you dear! I'll wait to see if Jill or Libby have any ideas also. But I think I will be in "cat training mode" during my vacation :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.