12/7 Tigger AMPS 483, PMPS 336. Increasing to 1 unit (pic)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Moms2Tigger&Blu, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Moms2Tigger&Blu

Moms2Tigger&Blu Member

I know you have to be careful when coming down from a bounce but 0.75 units did almost nothing for him. I increased tonight as I will be able to monitor closer the next 5 cycles before work next week. Sound ok?
    On an aside, I'd just like to mention that I do the same routine with Tigger day in and day out. We test and shoot (and half the time eat) on the same small cat tree next to this computer every single time. Then I come to find out my GF FEEDS him in bed. OUR bed! And tests there too! What a spoiled Prince!
    IMG_20181206_115837606.jpg

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  2. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Good luck with the dosecrease:bighug:

He does look quite regal on those pillows, I must say. Why not keep him nice and comfy while testing and feeding?

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

According to SLGS, you would have held the dose with nadirs under 150. I hope Tigger stays safe for you.

Of course the cat rules the house!

4. Moms2Tigger&Blu

Moms2Tigger&Blu Member

Ok here's my question about that. The guidelines say nadirS - multiple times he hits a certain number? Or like, even if he went under 150 once lets say? I know you want to be safe and conservative, so yeah, if that one time was under 100 or whatever I would hold or decrease depending but what if 2 nadirs are 135? If you think about the whole 20% standard deviation thing, 135 could just as easily be 162 (or 108 of course). But with that kind of uncertainty how can you EVER feel comfortable increasing? I know a lot of people follow these guidelines with amazing results and lots of kitties going into remission. I would settle for this guy to just stop bouncing so much! Do you think I should go back to 0.75? The only times he hit close to 100 or so was the 2nd cycle after upping to 0.75 a week ago, and the 2nd cycle after a tiny overdose (if that matters). I just want to do right by this guy and smooth out the bouncing. I can't imagine it feels good. He has been both black and blue in a 12 hour period. I know I should probably be doing TR but with 4 out of 7 day cycles with absolutely not mid day testing it feels so scary.