12/9 Autumn amps-241,+2-428,+4-343

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MommaOfMuse, Dec 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

Over the weekend she finally stabilized in the high 300's to low 400's, so I started her back Sunday night on a microscopic dose. I'm not even sure what to call it at the moment. It's bigger than a drop but not as big as .1u. So maybe a .05u? Which right now is giving her mid 200's to low 300's for preshots and 100's for nadirs. Since she is turning out to be such a microdose little girl I have ordered her some new syringes that gotten really good reviews on this board for being more consistent with their markings than the Relion's that I am now using. I just ordered her some Terumo Thinpros ....anyone use them and if so whatcha think about them?

As you all know I lost my beautiful little girl Angel yesterday.

While it is never easy to lose any of them, some are just harder than others to lose. I'm good at handling death most of the time, especially in the aged, or the terminally ill, when all the battles have been fought and all the adventures taken. Neither was the case with my beautiful girl yesterday. 24 hours before, she was leaping and jumping after their new Da Bird, she was racing after the elusive red light and standing on her hind legs patting my leg to hurry me along at mealtimes. Right now she should be standing with her back feet on the desk chair and her front feet on my shoulder as I post Autumn's condo and check on everyone.

Angel joined our family when she was just 5 weeks old, she was barely big enough to eating solid food. I found her when I went to take the trash out while leaving work on my way home. She had all her paw pads burn by what looked to be a cigarette, and thrown in a dumpster. Our first meeting was less than love at first sight, in fact that teeny tiny ball of fluff SHREDDED me. She clawed up my legs, my arms and down my back as she escaped twice before I got a towel over her and into a cardboard box for the trip home. In fact her name started out as a joke. She was anything but an Angel that day, she hissed, she growled, she swatted until I got her in the door. But Angel was just what the doctor ordered as she saved King's life. Two weeks before we had tried to save a little yellow kitten that Jon had found in the snow at his work, but the little guy was just too far gone. The little fellow lasted about 3 days as we tried syringe feeding and warming on a heating pad and that entire time King had laid by the kitten. When the kitten died, King sunk into a deep depression, he barely ate or drank and would lay by where the kitten's cage had been. We were very scared we were going to lose him as well. Until I wanted in the door that day with Angel, she let out a mew and his ears perked up, he ran to see her and then ran straight to his food dish and devoured his food. For a long time we joked Angel wasn't our kitten, she was King's kitten.

Angel grew into her name, she was in fact an Angel on earth. Sweet, loving, gentle and funny. She never met a person or animal that she didn't like, she was the first to want to meet and greet new family members and had more patience than a saint. She was one of those cats that was a rescue and knew it. She made it blatantly clear everyday that she was grateful for her family. She was so a part of the everyday running of the household. She was my constant companion. I am simply shattered.

Mel and The Fur Gang

Attached Files:

2. RobinCot

RobinCot Well-Known Member

Re: 12/9 Autumn amps-241

What a lovely tribute! I have cried so much for you and Angel today... and I'm at work!

I LOVE the Terumo Thinpros! I get less bubbles and more consistent dosing. Unfortunately, Terumo will no longer be making these syringes as of the end of this year so I plan to buy several boxes soon. I expect it will take about a year to clear inventory but I will be looking for a comparable syringe next year.

Sending you much love and hugs dear friend.

3. Charlotte & Prop

Charlotte & Prop Member

So happy you and Angel found each other on that day. She souds like a really special kitty, sorry she had to leave so soon. :(

4. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

((((Mel and Spirit Angel))))

There are no words ...

:cry:

5. tibbs5

tibbs5 Well-Known Member

oh Mel i am still crying for you. it is so amazing tho that i have a cat named Angel also ( a boy) and he looks EXACTLY like your baby. i will attach a picture. maybe a piece of her soul is over here in my boy

Here is my Angel

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.