12/9 Jai Jai - AMPS: 389, +2: 427, +4: 412 | PMPS: 414, +2: 223, +3: 151, +4: 99, +4.5: 113, +5: 137

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by heyhollis, Sep 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyhollis

heyhollis Member

Yesterday's Condo: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...-482-2-497-7-455-pmps-376-2-311-4-232.144176/

Yesterday I told that I was very frustrated with the news that came to me. I had your support and I am very grateful that everyone here is so kind and caring. Thank you very much.

According to the tested figures, Jai Jai left in reds during the day time. However, he got quick drop at night time. I am wondering why and I do not dare to give him subQ fluids because that may probably lowers him more. Like two days before, I have to monitor him tonight because his PM +2 dropped so quick.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  2. heyhollis

heyhollis Member

I tested Jai Jai's PM +3 and +4 and they are 151 and 99.

I think I need to feed some food so I have just given him some.

Hoping that he will surf tonight instead of having a drastic drop again. Fingers crossed.

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I think feeding was a good idea.

heyhollis likes this.
  4. heyhollis

heyhollis Member

Thanks, Elise. I will test his +4.5 figure and monitor closely.

5. tiffmaxee

Good plan. You want a nice surf and it too big a drop. It's Elise by the way. :):D

6. heyhollis

heyhollis Member

Sorry about calling a wrong name:(:(:(I must be blind.:p

7. tiffmaxee

People used to mess up my name all the time when I was a kid because my name was not that common then. No worries.

8. heyhollis

heyhollis Member

Your name makes you special:D

Jai Jai's PM+4.5 is 113. Will you feed him some more food or just wait until PM +5?

9. heyhollis

heyhollis Member

He has 137 at PM+5. I am going to get some sleep now.

10. tiffmaxee

Sorry. I just saw this as I went out to the gym. Good job! I hope you were able to get some sleep.

11. granadilla

granadilla Well-Known Member

Hollis, I'm so sorry you had bad news.

Jai Jai did well last night. We always want them to have low numbers, but then it's so scary when the numbers drop in case they go too low!

Hang in there, Hollis. You have had a challenging month. Hope things get better soon.

12. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

ok, now the question is, what are your goals for Jai Jai? Do you want to get him tightly regulated, between 50-120? Or a little bit higher?

Because unless he went lower than the blue numbers tonight, I'd call this a failed reduction.

From the TR Protocol sticky:
    If an attempted reduction fails, go right back up to the last good dose as soon as you see kitty's numbers trending upwards. You don't have to hold the reduced dose for a certain number of cycles before taking the dose right back up. The guidelines listed under the topic "Increasing the dose" do not apply to a failed reduction.

He was getting green numbers on the 1.0u, and now with the reduction it looks like he's only getting blue numbers. If you want him to be back in green, I'd increase his dose to just a hair's width less than 1.0u and see if that's the "just right" dose for Jai Jai. So i'm thinking a dose that is more than 0.75u and less than 1.0u. Of course it's up to you - I'm just mentioning the "failed reduction" possibility because when I was new I couldn't "see" it happening.

13. heyhollis

heyhollis Member

Hi, Julie. Jai Jai had got 99 at PM+4, which was in the green zone. But his subsequent figures at +4.5 was in the blue zone, I changed the cell color to blue. Can this be counted though it only lasted for 0.5 hours?

Jai Jai's drop in numbers is quite intimidating, he has high numbers in day-time which perhaps are bounces. At this point, I dare not to increase the dose considering that under TR, I need not to wait for six cycles before going back to the "Good Dose". That means I have to change it at my next shot. I think I cannot do it right now.

I am still happy seeing Jai Jai has more and more lower numbers. Without your support and guidance, I cannot manage it. I really mean it! Thank you all!!

14. tiffmaxee

That was a much nicer cycle. Since he hit green I would hold on an increase as well but others may disagree. Max gets smaller than .25 increases and even decreases so when you increase, if necessary,
    think about what Julie wrote. She really knows what to do.

15. heyhollis

heyhollis Member

Yes, Elise. I am unable to take the risk right now. Jai Jai is really bouncy, and he got a black at 13/9 AMPS.....

I agree that Julie gave a lot of good advice. In my active thread, I abstracted the learning points and marked down the links so that I could review the points without spending time to flip through the messages again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.