+12 and @86

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by owlgal, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. owlgal

owlgal Well-Known Member

Just came home and tested copper and he was @ 90. Couldn't believe it was that low, so retested and 86. Gave some regular food (1.5 oz). Now what do i do?

2. all4stvoyager

all4stvoyager Member

Take a breath :)

That is actually a great number...but be very careful wi next dosage...hopefully other people will see and give dosage feed back. Don't shoot on food number...ie: you just fed him, and then prob test again soon and get higher number from food...don't shoot based on that new number.

3. SaraM2261

SaraM2261 Member

Think you might get better answers in the prozinc insulin board? I was going to give you this viewtopic.php?f=9&t=46005 it is for shooting low with Lantus and Levemir I am not sure if this is any help with prozinc because I do not know how that insulin works.

At the very least there is a line in there to not feed and retest in 15 mins again until you see a rise.

4. This one is easy, Lori.
    Deep breath and no shot.
    Carl

5. owlgal

owlgal Well-Known Member

Oh, Thank God you are here. Do i retest every 15min? Do i feed more?
    lori

6. owlgal

owlgal Well-Known Member

Just retest and @125. How often do i retest?

7. all4stvoyager

all4stvoyager Member

I would say that once you start seeing a higher number than the prev shot, you don't have to test that frequently.

8. all4stvoyager

all4stvoyager Member

He can eat normally.

9. Lori
    It's been twelve hours since Copper's last shot, right? This is not a problem. You fed him, he's fine. He's not going to go lower without more insulin.

You can test him at +13 if you want, but as long as you didn't give him his PM shot, he's okay.

Carl

10. owlgal

owlgal Well-Known Member

Yes it's been 12 hrs since last shot. So should i give him another shot when he gets over 150? How do i know if it's just a food spike number. Or do i just not give him a shot at all tonight.

lori

11. First,
    Tell me how much he ate. Just the normal amount? And the normal food?

12. Val9955

Val9955 Member

I'm having the same issue tonight. My Spanky is on Prozinc. He was 99 at +9hrs. He ate at +11 hrs, and now at +12 and after eating, he is at 145. I think I'm holding his dose tonight. I will retest in a few hours.

13. owlgal

owlgal Well-Known Member

Moved my posts to PZI group.

THANKS all!

lori

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.