+12 nadir question

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sue and Ruben, Jul 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sue and Ruben

Sue and Ruben Member

hi..my cat is reaching close to nadir between +10 and +12...numbers in the mid-100's. is this normal? if i wait a bit and feed him, the #'s will go up. he used to have nadir at around +5. my question is what do i make of this? i know my spreadsheet has not been updated in months...but overall he gets 2.5 of lantus..numbers in the morning vary from mid-100's (then i wait a bit) to the mid 300's. thanks

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Hi Sue

nice to see you and Ruben.
    First thing from me, is let's get that spreadsheet updated when you have some time ok?
    It would really help to see Ruben's recent numbers.

Hope to see you posting again, lots of people can guide you along ok?

3. Sue and Ruben

Sue and Ruben Member

i know..i am months behind...will take time to input. thanks.

4. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

even if you can enter the last couple of weeks, and go back to fill the rest in later, that will help.

Late nadirs aren't uncommon with Lantus and Lev. If Ruben is nadiring between +10 and +12, you just have to adjust your way of thinking. For example, you'll need to get comfortable with shooting even lower numbers, because at shot time he'll be at his nadir or just after it. It's unnerving at first, but you can get used to it.

5. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

I can vouch for that . Check out Tess's SS, she is master of the late nadir/preshot nadir. ohmygod_smile

6. Frip&Grip

Frip&Grip Member

I noticed the same thing with my Frip… I was wondering if he had a longer cycle (more than 12 hours) or if it is just a late nadir?
    I also noticed when I was increasing the dose (following my vet recommendations) that the higher the dose, the later the nadir?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.