12 YO diabetic, Washington State

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Teddy Snowshoes & Rilla, Aug 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teddy Snowshoes & Rilla

Teddy Snowshoes & Rilla Member

Can anyone help this little guy? PM me privately for the rescuer's contact info.
    ------------------------------------

I have been told of a 12 year old diabetic male neutered cat that is to be put to sleep in the next couple of days if a home or rescue can't be found for him. He was diagnosed as being diabetic about 6 months ago and has not received any treatment. Despite this he actually looks pretty good, but has started having some urinary issues. I'm sure that it is due to his untreated diabetes. He is currently being boarded until a place can be found for him, but he is quickly running out of time. He is an extremely affectionate cat. His name is French Roast and he is so handsome. He is a DSH black cat with the cutest little manx tail. He wags it like a little dog. He is eating well and other than being diabetic is quite healthy. Please email me as soon as possible or call me if anyone is able to take this guy or donate towards his medical care or boarding.

2. Jana+BK+Chester(GA)+Wilbur

Jana+BK+Chester(GA)+Wilbur Member

I seem to recall a member in the Vancouver, Washington, area that was willing to take Belle (before she was re-homed with Marie). I don't recall her name, but I believe Venita may have it. Perhaps if you PM Venita, she has that information.

3. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

I'll send the person an email and suggest that she look at this post.

4. Teddy Snowshoes & Rilla

Teddy Snowshoes & Rilla Member

I could pull him and foster him for a bit, if someone can take him- but I can't keep him- my living situation is unstable right now.

5. Jana+BK+Chester(GA)+Wilbur

I can likely help with a transport, if one is needed.

6. Patti and Merlin

Patti and Merlin Member

I can help with transport and even help foster for abit but I'm so sorry - we just can't adopt another at this time! Let me know Rilla - or Venita!

7. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Moved to Health (so that I could link from DCIN to a public forum).

8. Karen & Smokey(GA)

Karen & Smokey(GA) Well-Known Member

Me too, I could possibly help with transport.

But I've already got Pauline to re-home and that's not looking good.

9. Ruth & Beethoven (GA)

Ruth & Beethoven (GA) Member

I could help with transport or care. Beethoven doesn't play well with others, and I don't see how we could keep another cat. But we're in the area.

10. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

The person who offered to help with Belle is not able to take this cat at this time.

11. Jana+BK+Chester(GA)+Wilbur

I've sent a PM to Beth (Beth and Simon) to see if she has any thoughts on where he could be fostered/adopted.

12. Beth and Simon (GA)

Beth and Simon (GA) Member

Sadly no, I wish I did. I have many relatives in Washington, but none willing to take on a diabetic kitty. :sad:

13. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Rilla, do you have an update on this cat?

14. carolina007

carolina007 New Member

Hi Carolina here

I am in Scotland but if no home is found for this kittie then I would very much like to donate to his welfare and boarding etc please do let me know.

I know we should not give out our e-mail address but that is the best way to get me on:

carolinecollen @ yahoo.co.uk (remove spaces)

hope this is some sort of lifeline.

15. carolina007

carolina007 New Member

hello Carolina here again

Any update on this cat please, as I said although I live in Scotland and obviously cannot give it a home I would very much like to provide support in the way for buying of food meds and boarding until hopefully it finds a good home etc.

I sincerely hope this lovely kittie is still alive! quite worried.

Please do respond when you can.

Thanks

16. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Is anyone in contact with Rilla (maybe through facebook) and can let her know of this interest?

17. Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN)

Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN) Member

Update

I have found that French Roast is now with the Vashon Island Pet Protectors. They are calling him Frency and say he is doing well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.