+13:40~64! 1/21 Tess PMPS 101, +12:45 81

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ann & Tess GA, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 1/21 Tess AMPS 168 Surfing?

I'm not too sure, but is that also known as a "flat cat" ? That "flat cat" always confused me.
    always got the too mixed up.

3. Ann & Tess GA

+30min is 176. I think I should feed and shoot. Tess definitely thinks I should feed!

4. Ronnie & Luna

did u shoot now? make a note in ur SS anytime u stall the shot and by how much ok?

have a good day!

5. Ann & Tess GA

Tess turned finicky and was refusing to eat, although was hanging around food dish. Sprinkled dried bonito flakes on top ad she accepted the offering. I'm waiting to shoot till she has eaten. I'll update the SS when I shoot.

6. Ann & Tess GA

Shot 1u at 30 min past time shot was due.

What is flat cat? she seems to be really leveling off for a long time at end of evening cycle.

7. Ann & Tess GA

Re: Effect of shot delay? 1/21 Tess AMPS 172 +2=163

+2=163

If I've been delaying giving shots because of surfing how is that going to effect filling the shed? If delaying a dose is the equivalent of a dose change (can't remember which way it goes) do I start a new 3 day countdown?

I think I'm giving up on getting to a 6:00am schedule. DH will stay here and take care of Tess. I'll just have to get someone to fill is place when the registrar counts heads for the 1st. 2 weeks.

Tess has been restless today and not wanting to eat much, although I did convince her to eat before the shot. She even refused the treats after the last test. Back into the closet too. maybe it's the weather, still very rainy and gloomy and the thunder really upset her yesterday.

8. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

No need to delay when there is a surf. Right now you just don't want to shoot without stalling on a very fast dropping number (like a bounce clearing). Lantus double dips (where you get a real nadir and then the number from +10 to PS drops a little) are fine to shoot, as are surfs. Yes, each shot delay will drain the shed a bit. A late shot is equal to a dose decrease, so each delay is preventing you from seeing the real action that this dose may hold.

We had you stall your first blue PS because it was your first one, but if you are able to test and are comfortable shooting on time, then by all means you can go for it. :smile:

No restarting the count after a delay, but the delays are taken into account when looking at how the cycles of a particular dose are doing.

9. Ann & Tess GA

Thanks, just needed a little reassurance about that. If things go on as they have I'll stick to the schedule.

10. Cassandra and Sasha

Tess is doing fantastic! :D

11. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Beautiful blue numbers!!

12. Ann & Tess GA

Re: 1/21 Tess AMPS 172 +7=85

Her +7 was 85. Should I monitor more closely, i.e. test again in 1 or 2 hour or is3 hours good?

She hasn't eaten that much today, has been sleeping in the closet. A little subdued.

13. Ronnie & Luna

up to u for a +8 just in case - I would if it were me
    if not then +9 is ok

14. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Tess is doing GREAT!!!

I agree with Ronnie, I would test in an hour just to see if she is still going down.

15. Ann & Tess GA

Re: 1/21 Tess AMPS 172 +9=38

Couldn't get her out of hiding for a +8 so waited for +9. She went down to 38 She's eating now, gave her 1/4 can of Hills WD. Is that high enough? Honey?

16. Libby and Lucy

that should be high enough. Please test in 15 minutes to be sure. Good catch!

17. Ann & Tess GA

OK. She's not looking stressed except when the weather was making nasty noises. Played w/ the feather.

18. Ann & Tess GA

Re: 1/21 Tess AMPS 172 +9:15=65

She's up to 65. More HC or just regular food? She really hadn't eaten a lot today, mostly upset by the weather I think.

19. Ronnie & Luna

BUMP EYES PLEASE

hmm regular food or you'll get a big spike at preshot time...anyone else?

...can u try for a +11 in there too?
    ur doing very good Ann!

20. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Maybe a bite of regular food and re-test in 30 min.

FYI: if you need to use the 911 or get eyes on your condo, you need to edit your first post of the day. It's the only way that the icon will be visible to the Board. Otherwise, we have to open your condo so see it.

21. Libby and Lucy

I would give her a little regular food, she should be past nadir now and this should keep her going. Test again in an hour to be safe.

How much less than usual would you say she has eaten?

22. Ann & Tess GA

Re: 1/21 Tess AMPS 172 +9=38, +9:15=65, 9:30=79

Just tested at +9:30 and she was up to 79 and am offering more regular food, she's eaten a little. I've been giving her about half a can am and pm. Today she ate about 2/3 can.

Will test in an hour. How will this effect insulin?

23. Libby and Lucy

good, she should be fine until PMPS now, she got a good enough bump.

Tess has earned her first dose reduction! We reduce by 0.25 increments, so her new dose is 0.75 units. :mrgreen:

24. Ronnie & Luna

:RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT DOSE REDUCTION!!! WHOOOHOO!!!
    Nice work Ann!!

25. Ann & Tess GA

Re: 1/21 Tess AMPS 172 +9:15=65, 39:30=79

Whew! So her Pm shot will be .75? or wait till tomorrow? We were wondering if there would be a dose reduction soon w/ such a drop in her numbers on Lantus.

Good thing the new syringes w/ half unit markings came today! :razz:

I got a new Maxima AST meter today. With all the trouble people have had w/ the TrueTrack and TrueTest meters I didn't trust my True2Go. When would be best to switch over? Wait a little after the dose reduction for better tracking? I've been reporting all her numbers from the True2Go. I compared it on the last 3 tests. When she was low they were pretty close (38 /58) but as she rose the numbers on the Maxima gained much more rapidly (79/124). That would probably mean all her nice blue numbers were really higher.

26. Ronnie & Luna

BUMP

Hey Ann!
    there's an old saying around here...stick with one meter or you'll drive yourself crazy. :lol: I'm kiddin' but it does help to stick with one.

how long till ur PMPS shot time tonight?
    are u home tomorrow if u need to monitor?

I'll let the experienced ones o:) help u with that, but just getting those questions out there.

27. Cassandra and Sasha

Re: 1/21 Tess AMPS 172 +9:15=65, 39:30=79

I would take the reduction to 0.75u tonight, as we don't have enough information yet on how long Tess will hold a rebound. Would probably switch to the new meter at the same time, as given what we have seen in other kitties the numbers could be quite different and we want to nip it in the bud quickly if that is the case.

28. Ann & Tess GA

Re: 1/21 Tess AMPS 172 +11=81

Tess's +11 was 81, not going down at least. She's been surfing at this point in the past. What do I need to get to before I shoot? Her PMPS is about an hour and a half from the last test.

I know, stick w/one meter, but not one you don't trust. I don't plan to be going back and forth. Just not sure that at her first decrease is the best time to switch. Although I think the new meter is the more dependable. I live in the sticks and bought what I could get to start testing. Now it's time to go w/ something better. I read a couple of good recommendations for this, Walmart isn't an option for me for the Relion.

Just saw Cassandra's post. OK, lower tonight and new meter. That one was reading 124 when the old one read 79. Where should I be to shoot?

29. Ronnie & Luna

Ann,
    u might want to add HELP or ADVICE in ur first post subject line

Preshot number due soon right?

30. Ann & Tess GA

Re: Help for Dosecrease !1/21 Tess AMPS 172 +9:15=65

bump

31. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Re: Help for Dosecrease !1/21 Tess PMPS 101

So at +11 Tess was 81 and now at +12 she is 101? Is this correct?
    Are these two tests from the same meter or did you switch?

32. Ann & Tess GA

PMPS has gone down to 101. Not comfortable shooting. Hold off feeding and retest in 15?

Sorry. The 81 was old meter the new meter read 124 at that time The 101 is the new meter.

33. CD and BigMac

Yes, retest.

Wait? PMPS has gone DOWN from what? What was it right before this? Did I miss something?.... 124 was that what you meant?

34. CD and BigMac

As long as Tess is going down, you don't really want to shoot. When she begins to hold steady numbers or starts to go up, then that will mean the last dose is beginning to wear off... and you can shoot. Usually we can stall up to +14 if needed before it messes up the overlap or shed.

35. Ann & Tess GA

I'm goiThe 81 at ng diaay with all the numbers.

Recap at +11 the old meter which I posted read 81, I also tested at the same time and the new meter was 124 but isn't on SS.I was advised to decrease dose to .75 and switch to the new meter now if I was going to do it. So basically She went down from 124 at +11 to 101 at PMPS. I don't kow what number to look for bot shot. Am going to retest now.+12:15=99 No sure if she will eat either.

36. CD and BigMac

Well, the 99 is essentially the same number as 101. So she isn't dropping, that's good. How about we wait a little longer before shooting?

Is she not hungry? How was her appetite today? Do you think she is lower due to not eating very much?

37. Ann & Tess GA

Yes the low numbers couldb e because of not enough food, she didn't eat much today. Spent most of the day hiding in the closet because of the weather I think. I'll test again at +12:45.

She went pretty low at +11 on this meter it was 58 and we fed her then, so she may not want to eat again.

38. CD and BigMac

I understand that, when I had company BigMac would hide and not eat much so his tests were lower... I was used to it though. Then the next day I'd want the same low number, hee, hee. But he'd be eating more and go back to his usual numbers.

I hope Tess will want to eat some more later, but so far she is doing fine. When you do feel comfortable enough to shoot it would be best to get a +1 and +2 afterwards to see how she's doing. Ok? It isn't too late where you are, West coast?

By the way, I use the Maxima meter. I like it and believe it is accurate. The strips are also reasonable. The only problem I had was that the strip went in opposite of the first meter I used and I kept reading the number upside down for a while... some of the numbers looked really weird, like one time I saw a 16 ... well it was really 91. That will stop your heart for a second or two!!

39. Ann & Tess GA

She just went down to 91 at +12:45. I think I should feed.

40. CD and BigMac

If you do feed we won't know when she stops her dropping. The 91 is a normal number, no danger. Is she acting very hungry now?

41. Ann & Tess GA

Re: Help for Dosecrease !1/21 Tess PMPS 101, +12:45 81

Yes she'd interested.

42. CD and BigMac

Is she 81 or 91?

43. Ann & Tess GA

81. Did I screw up the numbers again? Yes i did, I get flustered typing and going back an forth, forget to proof read. Also a lousy typist.

44. CD and BigMac

If you don't want to shoot this low number... and I certainly don't blame you, there are a few ways to go.

1. Delay more and see if she starts to go up.
    2. Shoot a BCS dose... (big chicken sh#% dose) ... maybe .50unit
    3. Skip shot tonight

45. Ann & Tess GA

I'll delay until +13;30 . I confess I had put food down and she ate a litt, not too much. Maybe I should skip. things are already screwed up.

46. CD and BigMac

That's ok, I understand. Let's see what the next test is before you decide to skip.

47. CD and BigMac

Tess's numbers are not scary high and skipping a dose will not be a problem for her. You can catch up quickly since she seems to respond very well to her insulin. :D

48. Ann & Tess GA

Thanks for all the help,. I think I would feel better skipping tonight, especially as it's way past time for it, her numbers are low and we don't know how much she will eat. The time of the dose has slipped back so far as long as we are skipping the dose tonight can we move it up a little? We were shooting at 8:40am, is 7:00 or 7:30 ok? What effect will that have with missing the dose?

49. CD and BigMac

Skipping is one good way to get the schedule that you want. You now can shoot as early as you want and that will be your new times.
    Tess will probably be a little higher than normal tomorrow morning, but because of the 'shed' her BG number will still be influenced slightly by the previous shot and it won't be too scary. Then it may take another cycle to re-build the shed. But you know she needed to drain the excess a bit since obviously she was too low to shoot tonight.

Tomorrow you get to pick your best time for shooting, no problem! Then shoot 12 hours later at PM.
    I'm glad Tess is doing so well and that you have a new meter to use.

50. Ann & Tess GA

Her numbers are probably higher than the old meter showed. Should we go with the drop to .75 that was suggested of stay with the 1 if we skip?

John put the food down and she didn't seem interested so I don't think she'll eat enough for me to feel safe dosing tonight. I'll keep testing a few more times tonight.

Thanks, panic subsiding.

51. CD and BigMac

Yes, I would go ahead and stick with the decreased dose of .75u. Even with your new meter she was lower at preshot than was comfortable for you. Let her try this new dose and see if the decrease will hold. If she doesn't eat well tonight I wouldn't want to shoot more than the .75u.

You can always go back later to 1 unit if you need to, but let's be conservative right now, Ok?

52. CD and BigMac

Of course tomorrow I could be all wet... and she may be high in the morning.. so post the numbers and ask for suggestions in the morning before you want to shoot.

These kitties like to make us look silly sometimes and do the unpredictable! :roll:

53. Ann & Tess GA

I tested again just after she finished eating a lot. +13:40 was 64. I don't think the food had kicked in yet though.

54. CD and BigMac

Yup, skipping the shot was the right move for sure. That 64 was with new meter and too low to shoot.

55. Ann & Tess GA

Re: +13:40~64, 14:00~77! 1/21 Tess PMPS 101, +12:45 81

Foods kicking in +14 was 77. Can I give Tess an hour's break from sticks?

56. CD and BigMac

Since you didn't give any insulin tonight, Tess will be fine. Her numbers are rising and she is eating. So yes, give her and yourself a break! Leave food for her and she will eat when she's hungry. I wouldn't be worried about her numbers now with no insulin shot. Get some sleep!

I would test in the morning around your new +11 so you have an idea of where she is before AMPS. That's it for tonight though!

57. Ann & Tess GA

Thanks so much for staying up with me. She's looking contented an grooming.

Attached Files:

58. Cassandra and Sasha

I missed lots of excitement! :eek:

I agree with Carolyn about sticking with the new decreased dose tomorrow. If it proves to be too little, you can always bring the dose back up.

You're doing great, Ann. Just stick with the new meter and everything will get straightened out. She's in fantastic numbers right now. :D

59. CD and BigMac

Contented and grooming....glad to hear that, sounds like a good time to relax a little for you too. I was happy to help. :D

60. Ann & Tess GA

Did a check at +16~88 and at +18~255. Quite a jump. Right at the end of all the drama she decided she was starving and ate all the that was out and some fresh I put out. Probably too much, but with the numbers going up down and up I was just happy to see her eating. Now i can sleep. She won't be crashing

61. Ronnie & Luna

ur still up? what time zone are u in? :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.