167?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by sherrib, Jun 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sherrib

sherrib Well-Known Member

Skittles gets 3 U .
    Right now his BG is 167. Should I still give 3 units? ( its time for a dose )
    I always get so “ ify” ever single time I get reading in the 160 & 170.

Please give me advice on what to do

2. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Sherri, I'm so sorry no one was around earlier. Do you have any current data for Skittles? It looks like your spreadsheet ends in 2017. Whether or not to shoot on a 167, and if so how much to shoot, really depends on the data you've been seeing in the days leading up to it, so we need to see the past couple of weeks of BG numbers to give you sound suggestions.

3. sherrib

I have a list. I can’t enter my numbers on my SS because my laptop is so old it’s not running.
    Anyway I can get a SS on my IPhone ?

Can you explain why past numbers determines if give insulin when he is running in the 160-170 range?

4. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Sometimes a lower-than-normal PS is just a quirky cycle, and you can give the regular dose even though it's a little low. Sometimes even if it's quirky, you still need to lower a little bit. Sometimes a lower-than-normal PS indicates that the cat needs a reduction in insulin regularly, not just for that cycle. Sometimes the cat is moving down the dosing scale and that number would be a NS because the cat's reactions are too dramatic. All of those things are dependent on seeing what "normal" PS and mid-cycle numbers are looking like in the week or so leading up to it so we can figure out which situation it is (keep the dose, lower the dose, temporarily lower the dose, or skip the shot).

5. sherrib

Thank you. I’m gong to list his numbers later tonight. And see if I get get a SS on my IPad. Tried doing it on my IPhone and it’s to hard on my eyes .
    My son is coming Friday and maybe he can figure out my laptop issue.

As far as today’s BG #... I skipped his dose. I didn’t want to give him his insulin and something happen. I don’t have my car today , my daughter has it today

Djamila likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.