17/1 Tucker Update

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tucker, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Tucker

Tucker Member

The move was hard on Tucker and it took him a couple of weeks to "settle" into the new house and a new way of life. We've had a cat run and enclosure built, so no stealing food from the neighbors anymore! It took him a week to go down the stairs without his bum getting ahead of him, which was fun to watch. He's taken ownership of one of the upstairs toilets and spends long hours on the window ledge where he can see the surf and seagulls land on the roof and tease him. His pre shots are usually around 11, nadirs around 8 and he has shiny eyes and sleek coat - so happy news all around. The house was not finished on time but we took possession just before Christmas anyway. That means there are workers coming and going regularly and at those times Tucker can be found hiding inside his dad's closet, nose inside dad's shoes. He's become extremely smoochy with us which we consider a surprise bonus that came with the move. ❤️

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Patty
    I am so glad all is well with you and Tucker. The cat run and enclosure sounds great. Did you get the one I have or a different one?
    I’m sure it is cooler being close to the sea. The temperature have been so high although at the moment they are low 20s and it feels cold after the heat!

I hope you get some of the rain we are finally getting.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  3. Tucker

Tucker Member

Hey Bron!
    I think we have the same one, from catnets? We had a builder put a cat door through a lounge window screen, then he put in a gate on the side of the house and created a run for them that leads to the enclosure. We are enjoying having the ocean breeze but it's amazing how warm and calm most nights have been. We've really been enjoying a nightly walk down to Noarlunga jetty to cool off (and have a libation). We have unpacked but don't feel at home yet, it's this bizarre feeling of being on holiday at an airbnb...with the cats? I'll send a photo of the enclosure when it's light outside. For now, enjoy this photo from our local news station!

4. Tucker

Tucker Member

4362CC41-8345-4108-BF82-62A36D65B2B5.jpeg Just a casual 3 meter great white...
    Kurt says it reminds him of the video "Welcome to Australia! (You might accidentally get killed.)"

5. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Sounds marvelous all the way around , Patty :) Love the image of Tucker with his nose in the shoe :smuggrin:

Tucker likes this.
  6. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Sounds a lovely place to live.
    The cat enclosure set up sounds great. My cats love being out in it.
    I hope you get some of the rain we are finally getting this weekend.

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Would love to see a picture of Tucker in his enclosure.

You can keep the sharks!

Tucker likes this.