18 Sept Tucker AMPS: 16.9 (304)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tucker, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Tucker

Tucker Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/17-sept-tucker-amps-8-7-157.203270/#post-2254652
    So last night we did a 'once off' reduction of 3.5 to drain Tucker's depot and his numbers over night looked pretty good. Now this morning he bounced way up to 300's and he's obviously feeling pretty sad today. I am 9 days from leaving for 5 week's and my husband is very concerned that Tucker isn't 'stable', but I'm the one feeling pretty unstable at the moment...

JeffJ and Tracey&Jones (GA) like this.
  2. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope Tucker settles down enough for DH before you leave. I remember when I left for 3 weeks to Indonesia when Jones was newly dx...I was just freaked out about going. He survived, I survived the trip. Hope you have a great trip.

3. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

You won't want to have Tucker in the greens when you go away for a long holiday. He would be safer in blue numbers for your daughter because she is not going to be able to test during the day much is she? which means you may have to reduce his dose, but that can only be decided just before you leave so no point in worrying about it just yet.
    I don't think Tucker is unstable.......he is just responding to the increased doses of insulin he has been getting .........and when he hits the " that's too much insulin thanks" dose you just go back in dose. That's the name of the FD journey game.

We all freak out when we have to leave our FD cats in the hands of someone else.......heck, I hate leaving Harry and he is a civvie!!:rolleyes:
    We will be here for your daughter and will help her through any issues she has with Tucker. Your job is going to be to enjoy your holiday!:)

4. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Yes, we will still be here to help. I'm not surprised he bounced.

Totally agree with Bron - the greens are not a good place for Tucker to spend time. I recommend giving your daughter the FDMB login info in case we need to help.

5. Tucker

Tucker Member

I'm going to get her all set up Sunday night. Today is Grand Final day for the netball team I coach, and Tucker decided to dip green this morning after a day of yellows yesterday. I've tagged both of you in the morning test.

JeffJ likes this.