? 181/151 PMPS... stalling? Reduce dose or skip?

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by KJC80, Aug 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KJC80

KJC80 Member

I got a PMPS of 181, so I retested and got 151. Toby is normally around 300 for his AMPS and PMPS. I'm not sure why he's so much lower this evening. He did spend more time today sleeping and didn't eat as much as he normally does, but he has eaten.

I was out of town last night, so he didn't get his PM shot. Could he just be having a stronger than normal reaction to his AM shot this morning after not having on the night before? Unfortunately, I didn't get a mid-cycle test today, so I have no idea how low he got but his behavior was normal.

Should I give him a reduced shot tonight (I'm thinking 1 unit) or just skip and see where he's at tomorrow morning?

2. KJC80

KJC80 Member

Happened again today! He's 155 at his PMPS. He was 204 at +5, so I thought it would be higher. Either his has a late nadir or something weird is going on. I skipped his shot last night and he was in the 300s this morning. I guess I'll give him a small shot tonight, but not the full 2(f) units. Should I drop his dose again to just under 2, so I can safely shoot him the same amount twice a day? This cat is confusing me.

3. Leah

Leah Member

I would think that would earn a reduction. Did you start at 2u or build up to it?

4. KJC80

KJC80 Member

I started at 1 and built up to a fat 2. I gave him a very tiny shot tonight and I'll reduce him to maybe a skinny 2 tomorrow morning.

Leah likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.