19-Apr Mav update

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Christie & Maverick, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Happy Easter weekend all!

Quick update for Mav, since I haven't posted much. Maverick is doing great, though he gave me a scare a few weeks ago with a mid cycle 34 on AT2 out of nowhere :eek:. I darn near picked him up to drive him to emerg! But calmed myself, and grabbed my handy HC food. Interestingly that weekend, I had rotated in Wellness 5% for meals, to give the boys a break from their Whole Earth 4% duck. I guess not all LC is created equal! He came up just fine, thankfully, and thoroughly enjoyed his half can of 20% FF gravy lovers. Overall, he has been super playful, still loves his afternoon naps, and his weight is down to 13lbs. He could maybe trim off another 1/2 lb, but he looks good. My sweet boy seems to like hanging around 1.5u, but now when I see him getting too many consistently good cycles, I know he's planning to throw out a low. I could push harder maybe, but been there, done that, I could change to another insulin, but in the end, I think he'll just always need the juice, so we'll just keeping on. :cat::)

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  2. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad to hear Mav is doing so well. Tell him I said no need to scare you like that though. :bighug:

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  3. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

I love to hear about happy, playful kitties! (Although I don't love to hear about a 34 BG, especially on an AT2.:nailbiting:)

Mav, it sounds like you're doing a great job taking care of your momma and making her happy. Good kitty!

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Pass on some scrirches from me to Maverick. I miss his sweet face, ie. picture. Hint. ;) A happy healthy cat is a great goal.

Where do you buy the Whole Earth duck? I haven’t found it here.

5. Christie & Maverick

Lol, thanks Wendy :), I'll fix that at least ;) the question mark throws me off too. My neighbourhood Pet Planet carries the Whole Earth brand, prices have gone up recently, but it is still great value for the quality, IMHO.

6. Christie & Maverick

Hope you and the gang are doing well, Mia? must be still all puppy, but almost a year now? Thanks hon, Mav just likes to mix it up a little, to see if I am paying attention. He was all feisty, zipping around...almost didn't sit still enough to test...I knew we were low even before the meter beeped, just didn't expect that number :oops:

7. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Great to hear that Mav is keeping you on your toes but please ask that he be a bit less dramatic!

8. Christie & Maverick

I'll mention it to him, but true to his name, he likes to be dramatic...flying under the hard deck is his specialty ;):joyful:

Sienne and Gabby (GA) likes this.
  9. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad Mav is doing well. Wow on that 34. Glad he came up for you.

10. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

We are all doing well. Thanks for asking. Mia is almost 1 1/2, but still all puppy. She is slowly getting better though. The bunny is just 3 months younger than Mia and is such a sweetheart. We just recently expanded his cage to include a play area. He is going to have the whole house soon. Lol. Our civvie and older dog are both doing well.

11. nslade001

nslade001 Well-Known Member

Hi, I don't know Maverick but I saw you're feeding WEF duck, so didn't know if it's because he's CRF (that's why I chose it for Willow) but if he is, I'm pretty sure Wellness changed their formula so they're no longer low phosphorus. If that's not an issue, great! but thought I'd put it out in case you didn't know. Good to hear he's doing well :) With love, Nikki

12. Christie & Maverick

Hi Nikki, thanks for stopping by :). I think I popped in a few times when you first started with Willow here, glad to see Willow doing so nicely these days. Yes indeed, I remember the stir up the formula change caused here, many of us were scrambling to find something else to feed. I was lucky enough to have a few pet supply stores who had the old label (before formula changed) so I cleaned them out :D. Then just before my stash ran out, came across the WE brand, so lucky twice...maybe I should have bought a lottery ticket that day :rolleyes:!

Mav hasn't any issues with CRF, his kidney values are all great, it is really more preventative than anything else. Been there, done that too, with two back to back CRF kitties, so I'm trying to avoid unnecessary strain on kidney function, if and when I can :)

nslade001 likes this.
  13. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Christie, so nice to hear from you! Great report on Mav, how was he acting at 34 on a per meter? That is low.

14. Christie & Maverick

Hi Paul, hope Mr. Bronx is feeling more like himself, he sure is bouncy like Mav! I see you have R back in the mix, hope that helps. Mav was just super hungry, very talkative, and peppy. When I was getting his test ready, he was chirping up a storm, and almost pacing, he was impatient to get fed I think. No terrible symptoms thankfully, must have just started tanking when I caught it. Silly boy, he had a 72 earlier than day, he technically should have bounced in the pm cycle, like he usually does :rolleyes:

Bronx's dad (GA) likes this.