19 July Tucker AMPS: 13(234)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tucker, Jul 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tucker

Tucker Member

What the heck, Tucky?! I did a +6 and he had shot up to 18(326)?!?! Now what? I checked and all of the cats had a pure protein wet food brekkie. Husband says he is sure the needle went in. It is 40 degrees and raining today so Tucker has not been out visiting (but he doesn't do that anyway). Dagnabbit.
    @Bron and Sheba @JeffJ

2. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Some cats are bouncy. Look at Leo's chart as an example of a real bouncy cat. Summary of A.M. doses:
    - 5.0 unit doses in May
    - 2.5-3.0 unit doses in first part of July
    - 3.0 unit doses in mid-July, not quite as effective

And you can see that his nadirs are all over the place. We worry about the 3am nadirs, so he gets less insulin in the PM.

For Tucker we are trying to get a stable pattern. There will be one or two day glitches. Maybe Tucker found some hidden crunchies right before the nadir test. Leo is the king of finding any kibbles in the house.

For "fur shots", I always feel around the injection area. If my finger comes away wet or has the insulin smell, then it was a fur shot. Leo gets a fur shot about every 6 months.

For Tucker's PM - maintain the same dose. Let's see how he does.

3. Tucker

Tucker Member

Thank you. Do you think I should take a BG at +8 or +10 to see if it is coming down at all or just wait for the PMPS?

4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Did you say 40degrees! It is winter here for goodness sake!
    Did you happen to retest? I guess you can't do that all the time, but if you get a surprising number you were not expecting, it is worth retesting just to check it.
    His numbers overall are getting better....nice to see the blues. Do you feed the same amount in the PM cycle as the AM cycle?
    I don't know why he produced that number....it is possibly a bounce from all the blue numbers but he is a bit slow in triggering the bounce.
    Have you checked the ingredients in the food he eats just to make sure there is nothing in there that could be raising the BSL.

JeffJ likes this.
  5. Bron and Sheba (GA)

I think it is worth checking at say+9 just in case the +6 was a rogue number.

JeffJ likes this.
  6. Tucker

Tucker Member

Will do, thank you.

JeffJ likes this.
  7. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

For weather reference, it is always hot in the summer in Austin. Over the next 5 days the forecast is 105-109 degrees. That is outside, not in my oven.

The winters are nice. Many days are 50-65 degrees.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  8. Bron and Sheba (GA)

But Jeff we are in the middle of winter here in Oz. Just wondering if it was a typo

9. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Yes, I guess 40 degrees there would be correct in winter. Unless that is below normal. Austin gets extreme lows down to 18 degrees, but that is rare.

10. Bron and Sheba (GA)

We are on different wavelengths Jeff:joyful:
    I’m talking 40 degrees centigrade!

11. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

That's what I get for staying up until 1am. Now we are synched. Yeah, 40 celsius would be toasty - the same as we are having in Austin this week.

12. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Yes, not looking forward to the next week of this heat :mad:. Going to miserable to do any errands. Thankfully I have covered parking (garage) at work and car is in the shade most of the day here at the house - but sill... heat index of 115? Really? At least they are saying the humidity will be lower than normal.

Tucker will settle into a good dose soon. The bouncing, especially early on in dx, was the most frustrating because there was no predictability. Just keep on.:bighug: It took Gizmo 21 months to get to his current numbers (not going to say regulated because I don't trust it just yet :joyful:).

JeffJ likes this.
  13. Tucker

Tucker Member

Sorry, I'm American so I was saying 40 degrees as in, it's cold! It's about 3 degrees Celsius today.

JeffJ likes this.
  14. Tucker

Tucker Member

PMPS was 16 and then at +2 was 13. So heading in the right direction today but overall in higher numbers than we were getting earlier this week. Should we go up to 5.5 afterall??

JeffJ likes this.
  15. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Ahhhh! That explains it. I was having trouble getting my head around it being 40c at this time of the year:joyful::eek::joyful::eek:

16. Bron and Sheba (GA)

I'm really puzzled why you got all those blues two days ago then back to higher numbers.....unless he is bouncing which is possible.
    I think you could go up but maybe only to 5.25 units just in case it is a bounce. What do you think?

JeffJ likes this.
  17. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

I’ll take 40 degrees anyday:D
    Bring it on down Tucker

JeffJ likes this.
  18. Tucker

Tucker Member

+6 !5.0.........I have no idea.

19. Bellasmom

Are you doing TR or SLGS?

20. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Let's move him up to 5.25 on the next dose. He could be bouncy. It is possible he could settle at this value.

Bellasmom likes this.
  21. Bellasmom

Dang, hotter than we are!

22. Tucker

Tucker Member

We are doing TR. He was doing so well......no idea what is happening now. Will nudge him up a bit in the morning.

Bellasmom likes this.
  23. Bellasmom

Crazy cats!
    We were down to .75 now we are back to 1.75! They do what they want, when they want, hang on there, your doing great!:bighug:

JeffJ likes this.
  24. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope he settles for you soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.