1st 12 h curb done

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by kallima_butterfly, Jan 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kallima_butterfly

kallima_butterfly Member

Phew. It wasn't as bad as I thought because 1st Oyster is very patient and really didn't seem to mind and 2nd he's a bleeder. I did not like his results however and wonder if I should talk to the vet immediately about upping his dose, go ahead and up his dose or wait for another curve to compare (which will be a week away). I will be pretesting before every shot this week and from here on out. Here are Oysters 1st curve result: AMPS 484, units of canisulin 2, +2 459, +4 301, +6 261, +8 319, +9 423 (got a little needle testing happy and went to soon, my bad), +10 500, PMPS 554

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Yes, you can increase the dose by 0.5 with a nadir over 250 mg/dL.
    Also note how soon it is wearing off and starting to rise. It supports getting a longer-acting insulin than what you've got, unless you want to shoot every 8 hours.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
    kallima_butterfly likes this.
  3. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Next time you can, you might want to try and get bracketing BG tests on either side of that +6 test. By bracketing, I mean to try to get a +5, a +6 and a +7. That way, you may get a better idea of the nadir time and also get a better idea of when the BG starts to rise again.

kallima_butterfly likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.