2/1 Checkers AMBG 68 PMBG 74 OTJtrial day4

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lukewithcats, Jan 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lukewithcats

Lukewithcats Member

I was getting worried last night with a higher number then i expected but i followed the guidelines and was going to give him 3 hours after a meal to retest but just over an hour later it had dropped a good amount so i assumed that was enough proof he's doing ok and this mornings number really pushes that home I think

So far so good. clearly his highs are fairly high but I assume so long as he can bring himself back down every day naturally thats all that matters right?

I'm still working on testing times and figuring out the best time/way to test. I've been cutting back on the amount of food i put down trying to find an amount that they will manage to eat all of a few hours before next feeding but it's going to take atleast a few days to start getting the feedings in a better routine. I've been testing at the same time every morning which works well but in the evening i've tried moving meal time back an hour which didnt help as seen last night. I think the cats just need that evening meal to be more reliable and hopefully I will see better numbers in the evening. paws crossed :cat:

yesterday

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  2. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

I don't have any input for you but personally think he's looking good too :joyful:

Lukewithcats likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy Day 4!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

That 130 is not that much higher and he did bring himself back down. Hopefully he'll stay in normal numbers, but some cats do throw out a higher number during their OTJ trial.

4. Anne & Hyde (GA)

Anne & Hyde (GA) Well-Known Member

Cheering on you and Checkers!!

5. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Way to go Checkers! I too am cheering you on!

6. Paula

Paula Well-Known Member

Goooooo Checkers! Happy day 4!:D:D:D:D

7. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Keep up the good work, Checkers!

8. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

You've got this Checkers!

9. Julia Rae

Julia Rae Well-Known Member

way to go checkers.. keep the good work up.

10. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Checkers! How cool - day 4! :cat::cat::cat::cat:

11. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Laura and Gremlin (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi!
    Don't stress about that 130. If you have a look at Gremlin's SS, you'll notice that during his OTJ trial recently he had more blue than green! As long as he keeps bringing it down, you're good!
    Congratulations on day 4! :D
    Laura and Grem.

12. Lukewithcats

Lukewithcats Member

Just knocked out the PMBG and it was nice and low, his lowest PMBG (pmps time)since recording infact @ 74. Definitely not upset about that.

I'm still playing with meals and trying to find some solutions to not putting my other cat through too much change. Tonights numbers were good so hopefully its starting to get alittle better. i think its fair to say checkers pancreas is back in business, I was worried he was going to slowly creep up due to his pancreas underperfoming just a bit but his numbers are looking good so far. i've just tried not to get my hopes up and i do tend to be a little pessimistic but he is certainly keeping his BG under control for now. i'm happy and he seems to also be happy which is most important after all.

13. Camille and Cyclone

Camille and Cyclone Well-Known Member

Uncle Sam photos.jpg

I'll be sending a pm with details. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.