2/11 Molly

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michele&Molly, Feb 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michele&Molly

Michele&Molly Member

HI all -

Just an update on the Molly-bolly.

For the past month, her numbers have been unusually high with little drop. I planned on taking her to the vet's office to make sure she didn't have an infection or something that i was missing. Part of me felt like something was going on despite her 'normal' behavior; eating, affectionate, purring, etc.

As others here have pointed out, it may be her weight that is preventing regulation. She's quite a little fatty weighing in at 14.5 pounds - keep in mind, she's a tiny cat. At first, i thought she could be an acro-cat but after careful observation, it was discovered that at feeding time, once the others walked away, Molly thought she was at the grand buffet! I agree with everyone that her weight is not helping matters (thanks you guys for pointing me in the direction of Dr. Lisa's article on weight)!

This week i was able to switch her shot time (6am/6pm from 8/8) that would better work with feeding (thanks again Pamela!). Even on the 6/6 schedule in the recent past, and her numbers weren't so great then either.

Well all of a sudden, pesto, magic, we are coming out of the reds (thank goodness!!). Not only are we coming out of the reds but we are getting pre-shots in the 100's. My reaction to this has not been good (i mean by changing the doses). For example, she's currently receiving 2.5u. Last night her pmps was 139 and i shot 2u (i was nervous she was going to go too low at nadir). This morning her amps was 283 (which is a number i am very happy with) and shot 2.5. Tonight's pmps was 152. Again, i am nervous she is going to go to low tonight so instead of this back and forth btw 2.5u and 2, i shot 2.25 and hope to hold it there consistently to see how she does on it.

I should also mention that we just switched meters. I prefer the ReliOn but was using a OneTouch as I was given free strips. This week we went back to the ReliOn.

I am sorry if this is so confusing - my ss is updated if you'd like to take a look.

p.s. do u find that if u type 'too much' here you can't see the bottom of the window you are writing in? Even when i move the scroll bar, the window just displays the middle of my post. Nope, can't see a thing i'm typing right now, grrr.

2. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

Ugh, that window thing! does it bounce up and down as you type? It does that when I post at work using Explorer, but not at home using Firefox.

I think sticking with 2.25u is a good plan - too much dose hopping lately - bound to make you crazy. (I just caught myself doing it). Remember that, in general, you are seeing a reaction to the shot before the last one... so makes things confusing.

3. pamela and tigger

pamela and tigger Well-Known Member

Michele, those preshots are what you want! I know you know this. I really feel since you have already tried the lower doses it is time to bring out the big girl panties (or whatever they call them here elsewhere on the ISG's)...that means getting brave about shooting your current dose (2.5 u) on these 100's preshots.

Since the weekend is coming up and you will be home all next week this is a good time to try it, with the 2.5 dose! What do you think?

How is the new feeding schedule coming along? Are they driving you nuts?

4. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

We definitely need to consider feeding times, don't we? We've seen this with Paul-Kyle too. I don't think much about feeding as I'm from old school FDMB which said you fed at shot time and once again before nadir. So Gandalf has always gotten food after his shot and again around +5/6. Back then he would eat all of the second meal fairly soon and that's fine on a faster acting insulin like PZI because if it's near or at nadir, you're past the time they could go low. But with longer acting insulins nadir is so much later that if you wait to feed till then you're getting too close to preshot time and the feeding may have a larger impact on BG then.

Thanks to Pamela for being instrumental in unravelling the feeding times mystery. :thumbup

5. Michele&Molly

Michele&Molly Member

HAPPY FRIDAY!!! (4 more days till Vicky' s day off!!)

Ya know what i love about us? One of us can tell another to put on their big girl panties! :lol: Yeah, we rule!

Happy amps for us...(drum roll please)...215! Gorgeous!!

Let me give it some though Pamela, i'm so incredibly happy with the 215 right now that if it stayed like that, i'd be thrilled. Remind me it's okay to shot on a 100 preshot please. Will need to see what her nadir is over the weekend.

Have a great day all!

6. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

What did you shoot this am?

7. Melissa&Paul-Kyle

Melissa&Paul-Kyle Well-Known Member

well, big girl panty person, you know that I feel you should be getting more curves BEFORE changing doses. I think you are missing alot of key information in the middle and changing doses too often and with with too little data.

With my PK recently having GREAT success recently living a hammock curve haging in the 200's all day I vote for the lower dose and 200 PS's. Especially sinc eyou are more comfortable with them.

I've been to the 100 PS and shooting to 300 and thudding back to the 100's again and it got us nowhere fast.

With PK staying in the yellow 200's for several weeks, I got to see him go blue 100's and be more active, alert and attentive than he has been in a long time.

I'm just saying that 200 is not a bad place to be and MUCH better than 400's or 100 to 400 and back within a few hours.

IMO When you get your curves, make them count- wait until a dose has settled and then take the day and poke away. :thumbup

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.