2/13 Baby

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Nicole & Baby, Feb 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Good morning & happy caturday LL :D

I sure hope Baby's .50f kicks in sometime soon - fingers & paws crossed.

WCR too early to tell (3:30am) but Baby has had a healthy breakfast & litterbox action is great too. She is laying on the bed looking outside into the darkness & I am going to join her too.

**Cute pic of Sadi here Sister Sadi wonders what we talk about in LL

Have a Blessed, Beautiful Day!! :YMHUG:

2. Tina & Sammy

Tina & Sammy Well-Known Member

Re: 2/13 Baby AMPS 202

Look at Baby's +8 from last night. Who knows what she has been up to at this hour every night. Hope today brings some better numbers.

Love the picture.

3. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Good Morning Nicole and Baby! This morning holds a lot of promise...the AMPS is a lot lower than the previous week or so of AMPS. Hope the fat helps with some action today!

4. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Fingers and Paws crossed over here too!! cat_pet_icon

5. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Nicole...This is normal. You are only in the 3rd cycle here, and this amps is actually very promising.
    This dose has worked for you before. Remember patience, but I know how much we want them to come down into good numbers.
    Maybe today will be the day. It is coming so keep looking up! cat_pet_icon dancing_cat cat_pet_icon

6. Nicole & Baby

Re: 2/13 Baby AMPS 202 +6 241

Thanks, everyone! I appreciate your support..
    I will practice patience.. it just seems like at least I could look forward to Baby dropping after her Insulin Injection & making some progress - it seems lately she just goes higher after the injection, or stays flat. It is a new pen - so I know it is not the Lantus. :-|

7. Nicole & Baby

Re: 2/13 Baby PMPS 259 Question

Baby is consistently going up after her injections - she used to drop - so something is different. We have a new pen, these injections are not fur shots - she is looking very yellow. I will be patient, but if things stay like this - when can I increase her?

8. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Hi Nicole,
    Sorry things are so frustrating. Many, if not most of us here can relate. Regarding dose increase, all I can say is you know you need to wait at least 6 cycles.

I have noticed that you often (not always! ;-) ), but often gravitate toward posting in condo's where cat's are doing really well, or in lower numbers. Im wondering if you have had a chance to spend some time in condo's where the cat's numbers are higher, or going all over the place? Not just looking at ss's, but spending time each day hearing what the bean has to say? If not, give it a try. I think you will find yourself feeling a lot less alone in this journey when you see so many others are going through the same fears, frustrations, etc. You can also learn a lot about the FD and how to manage it both with the cat AND within ourselves.

Some folks (or cats) who come to mind:
    Shadow
    Moonie
    Gabby
    Latte (lately)
    Esse
    Shadoe

Realize each situation is different. You may notice some of these folks tweaking the protocol a bit to fit their cat's needs. Do not do this yet! ;-) Stick with YOUR plan and continue to ask for advice in your condo. Ask questions in other's condo's if you are curious. Keep the goal by looking at some of these condo's to connect and see you are not alone.

You are not the only one who has a cat that drops fast, or doesnt drop, or goes up....or stays static for days, weeks, or months on end. Trust me! :mrgreen:

Hope you enjoy your Saturday night!

9. Nicole & Baby

(((Carolyn)) thank you ... that helps.. I do post in condos of people "i know" meaning those who started around the same time.. I will venture out in LL, it sounds like Baby & I are the ones who came in last place of the successful newbies...

Thank you for your kind words & wisdom... it will help me... us.... thanks!

10. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

(((nicole)))
    baby's numbers are not bad at all for only being on lantus for less than six weeks. what you're seeing is not unusual.
    trust me, things will come together for baby!

11. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Whew! Glad you took it the way I meant it. After I hit submit, I was wondering if I might have come off the wrong way.

Food for thought:
    You are dealing with a living, changing being. You cannot control 100% what another body (cells, organs, etc) are going to do. You can try to help and manipulate a little. But you cant control it. The body needs to be ready, able, and willing.

So, Who is the failure? You? because you cant magically make a cat better? Baby? Because her body is not doing what you want it to do?

What is your definition of failure? What is your definition of success? Are there any adaptations you could make in the thinking around this to make things easier on both you and baby? (baby is feeling your stress, frustration, and feelings of failure)

Take a load off, try not to be so hard on yourself. You ARE doing all YOU can do. I dont know how that could be considered 'unsuccessful'.

PS- I would die for baby's numbers! :mrgreen:
    PSS- I should take my own advice! :lol:

12. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

It really does make it hard when you see some beans and their kitties come and go from LL in a month or so. It's frustrating, depressing, feels like you're failing your kitty, etc. -- at least that's the emotions that I run through. Carolyn is right, venture out a bit more and you can watch me tear my hair out!

If I may ask, you fattened Baby's dose vs. increasing to 0.75u. Was this because it felt bad to raise the dose the full amount or was there a different reason? It would make sense if it was because of the blues and greens but I wanted to be sure I understood your rationale. Give this dose another day to do it's stuff. You can always bring the dose up to see if you can lower the overall range of Baby's numbers.

One of the things that helps me most is remembering that I'm not the one leading this dance -- Gabby is. Baby will do what she needs to do in her own time. All you can do is follow.

13. Nicole & Baby

Gosh... girls... you have all made this a lot better. Every word you typed.. every word.
    You are right.. this is not failure.. this is a living breathing beautiful kitty... my mom (who is diabetic) points that out often.. Diabetes is challenging to control & some days (no matter what you do) the #s are going to .. well.. just be less than the best. This board has taught me to focus on the overall cat.. Baby is playful.. eating.. snoozing & all 5 Ps are in place.. so I need to remember that & quit with the defeat... (((thank you))) for reminding me...

Okay.. with the --why-- to the fat .50 because when I do increase her... (no fingers pointed) I get a lot of "feedback" blaming me for increasing her too much... which I have yet to see or agree with.. the highest Baby has been on since starting is .75 & that was only for 3 days. She has never been given the green light to .25 increases.. I do listen to advice & I do things based on the #s, I would LOVE to follow protocol & increase or decrease by .25 I think I will...

Again... the time you took & the thoughtfullness & wisdom you shared.. is always priceless :YMHUG:

14. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

When I decrease Gabby, it's by shaves because she tends to not hold the decrease and there are times I do the same with increases because her numbers will plummet. The trick is knowing your cat. I would be selective and use your judgment with regard to who you listen to. There are some very experienced beans here who I have trusted Gabby's life with and have no regrets in doing so. They are incredible. There are also some folks who do not have this level of experience yet still feel confident in their dispensing of advice. As I said, be selective or ask a question in your condo or PM someone and ask them to reply in your condo so we can all learn. Listening to advice or feedback is only as good as the information you're getting. It's also important that you understand the rationale so you apply the information in a meaningful way.

15. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

What a terrific mommabean you are, Nicole. So glad to hear other's advice and encouragement.

Patience is definetly a virtue. Moses and I are learning these steps too and I'm happy we can do this dance together.

I think you've been very successful in my book :mrgreen: Remember, it was only 2 months ago when we even first found out that our kitties were sugary. Progress has definitely been made since then!

Ps - I like that Sadi was being proactive w/Baby and checking out her SS on the computer. Maybe she's gotta nice tip or two. Great photo!

16. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

You should not knock yourself in any way for Baby's numbers, nor are you in Last Place in new cats!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Nicole, I see a concerned, loving, momma bean who wants to do the best she can for her baby..You have come a long way in these few months..
    It took me 11 mths just to bg test the Moonie, who was possessed by a demon at that time :twisted:
    Frustration, I know it soooo well..
    But I never will give up or give in...She is living a great life, and is the best she can be, as Is Baby..
    I also increase & decrease in shaves(not an easy feat)..and Moonie does well with that, after we have tried most things..
    But What I Think about, I Bring About. And I think I want a happy Kitty, with decent numbers,and one that enjoys her life, even though It has restricted mine..
    You know what, she's worth it..And you are one of these momma beans..as we all are..

Look ahead & think that Baby is healthy & happy--That's the goal afterall...HUGS~~~~!!!!!!!

17. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

Hi Nicole!
    Roni.. couldn't have said it better..
    Seems like baby steps for some of us.. but, we just keep plugging along and keeping our kitties healthy and happy!
    Baby.. doesn't care what dose or number she is on today.. Just that she loves you!
    And, I am 100% positive that she appreciates all the extra attention!

Keep up the good work Nicole!
    Baby really is doing well :mrgreen:
    What a beautiful kitty she is.. love the pic..

18. paige

paige Well-Known Member

(((Nicole))) All I can say is that I am always thinking of you and Baby. Huggs!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.