2/13 Brownie AMPS 224 (Oldtimer)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Patricia&Brownie, Feb 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patricia&Brownie

Patricia&Brownie Member

Thought I'd better post every once in a while so you guys know what we've been up to! Brownie's doing pretty well, but his numbers have been higher since we had to move his food/water bowl a few weeks ago. He was using a step stool to get up on our bathroom counter, where we fed him and let him drink water from the faucet. But, he always jumped down without using the step stool and would meow hideously as if his legs/hips were in horrific pain. His arthritis has gotten much worse also. So, we got him the Drinkwell 360 water fountain and moved his food bowl down to the ground. However, his numbers have not been the greatest ever since. I'm going to give it some more time and hope he adjusts eventually. He hardly ever does that awful meow anymore, so I feel like we're helping his joints at least! Also, check out our post in community - Brownie and Simpkin are famous now! (The Atlanta Humane Society featured them in their most recent newsletter, since we adopted them almost 19 years ago!).

2. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Re: 2/13 Brownie AMPS 224

I'm sorry your old bones are creaky, Mr. Brownie. Patricia, my GA kitty, Kayro, always had to drink from a dripping faucet. She was blind for her last couple of years, so I had to help her up, but she stubbornly always jumped down. It must be a pride thing.

3. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

I have missed you guys!

KB can jump up again, so he jumps up where he used to eat, which is where the civvie's food had been safe. He probably jumps down without climbing to a lower spot, which is available. Heather's right, I think it's pride, or habit. I show him there's nothing there but I hear him jump down after I turn my back. Ouch!

I'll have to look at the link you sent - Congratulations!!

4. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

good to see you, patricia! hope brownie adjusts to his new fountain soon.
    will go check out your post on community...

5. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update on Brownie. I loved your newsletter article!

6. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

Hi Patricia!
    So nice to hear from you and an update on Brownie..
    Hope that he adjusts to his new drinking fountain soon!
    Pepper hates any changes to his routine too.. :mrgreen:

Gonna pop over to community and read about your famous kitties!
    Take care and hope to see more updates on Brownie..

7. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

I've missed you guys too :smile:

Hope the numbahs come down for you.

8. Patricia&Brownie

Patricia&Brownie Member

Re: 2/13 Brownie PMPS 145 +5 68

Looking better for Mr. Browns this evening - nini LL! We enjoyed the Oldtimer updates!

9. jojo and bunny

jojo and bunny Member

hey there! :mrgreen:
    oh you are right his numbers are off his usual nicely regulated ones.
    hmm...what do you have him on for the creaky bones? at that age (oh i know have a house full of them) he needs some sort of supplementation help. how much you could determine by doing a pain med trial(of small doses of bupe) if you want. like if it is time for adequan injections http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_adequan.html ? or maybe just dasuqun pillshttp://www.nutramaxlabs.com/Vet/Pr ... -bone.aspx ? i would for sure though have him on something.

congrats on being famous brownie! did his famous pic of that hair cut make it into article?

10. kate and lucky

kate and lucky Member

Lovely to see the old faces so to speak :mrgreen:

Hope Brownies creaking joints subside soon. I'm liking this oldtimers day! TC and scritches to Brownie cat_pet_icon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.