2/13 Esse AMPS 371 Vet update +11=375 PMPS=350

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michele and Esse, Feb 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

Daily Digest
    AMPS=371 Wellness out, shot 2.75U
    +11=375
    PMPS=350. Wellness out, shot 2.75U.
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6053

Morning, LL!

WCR: Esse is doing fine. Caught her in the box yesterday, no ketones (forgot to mention). Considering there was precious little food left in the dishes from overnight, I don't know where she went...but...she is being herself, totally mellow jello (hopefully she'll go mellow yellow sometime soon)...she's hanging out with Penguin right now under the bowl...

WBR: Slept right up to test time - yes!! Mal and Esse will be going to the vet this morning, Esse to get her lump aspirated and Mal to get his pre-neuter check. After that, I'm heading to the barn - gonna ride mah horsie and give him a bath - he's pretty stinky. LOL...but it's one of those "NO STUDY" day, and I'm going to enjoy it thoroughly. And then come home and watch some olympics.

I hope everyone has a relaxing, mellow day...

Best-
    Michele

2. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Re: 2/13 Esse AMPS 371

Hi Michele,

Maybe Miss Mellow Yellow will come for a longer visit this weekend. That would be such a nice Valentine's gift for your bean, Esse.

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Enjoy your day at the barn. I know you've been missing spending time riding.

Any thoughts about a dosecrease? It's been more than 10 cycles.

4. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

O.K., vet's update.

Heart/lungs/abdomen clear of any issues, ears clear, although yes to the hearing deficiet. not sure if it's a total deficient, but there is significant hearing loss. We decided to not aspirate the lump because of a) it's location, b) it's size (no change in 2.5 months), c) clean margins, d) likelihood of it being a lipoma or a cyst and not a tumor, e) no other s/s of it being cancer, and f) finances. We did do a urine tap, and pulled blood for an entire panel. (That was the reason for the finance decision above). As for Malachi, he's fine. Pulled blood for him, too, for his neuter.

Now about Esse's diabetes. The vet totally approves of the diet I've got her on. She was quite impressed that I was able to measure 2.75 - I showed her in the room how I do it. And she wants the results of a 7-day AMPS, and a +4, and that's all. Loved the spreadsheet, but said it's too much testing, and when I pointed out that there are times where testing was important (like when Esse bottomed out), she thought about it and said "yeah, you're right." LOL. She's not sure what to think of it, and does not want me testing Esse as much, but we agreed that if I don't tell her, I can do whatever I like regarding testing...LOL.

~Esse needs a dental, but the vet doesn't want to do it until we're regulated.

Best part, though, is when I said "I'm happy with numbers in the low 200s-mid100s." She said she'd be happy with numbers of 70-130...in other words, agrees with tight regulation. YAYAYAYAY.

As for Esse, she was totally wonderful at the vets, during the ride, and afterwards, when I ran an errand. Malachi and she were separated into two carriers to go, and both of them were fussy...but at the vets, Mal got into the big carrier with Esse, and since both seemed to be just fine, I left them together...and not even a peep from them on the ride home. They were snuggled together during the ride, and completely laid back and not upset. However, with Esse's weight at 16 and Mal's weight at 7, that's a lot of cat to have hanging off one arm.

Best-
    Michele

5. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

awwww, how cute of both of them in the same carrier! ;-) They just wanted the comfort of each other, i suppose. Im glad they both did well at the vet and things look pretty good.

My vet tells me the same...dont test so much. Then he saw some of the lower numbers and uhhhh...thought about reconsidering.

I hope you were able to get out and ride. And I hope you can relax, watching the olympics tonight. You deserve it!

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I'm glad the prevailing opinion is that the lump is a lipoma. And even better, that you are getting your vet to come around.

You also know that the prevailing wisdom around these parts is that you'll get better regulation if you do the dental sooner rather than later. Any inflammation/infection is going to raise BG. All things being equal and Esse being healthy, I'm not sure why the vet would suggest waiting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.