2/13 Maui Update - From your Favorite Reporter!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Roving Reporter Alphabean, Feb 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roving Reporter Alphabean

Roving Reporter Alphabean New Member

Hi Everyone,

As I attempted to get a pass to report on the Olympics, I looked at the calendar and realized that it is officially 11 months since Maui was diagnosed and 9 months since her really fabulous OTJ party!

So, being the good friend that I am and of course always on the hunt for a good story, I am going to give you a Maui the Magnificent update!

Maui is great! She is wonderful! I love her so much! OK, OK yes I know it's getting deep in here! But I'm hoping that when she hears this she will let me back into her condo in the Falls! After all, I need a place to stay and she has a such a great pad!

Maui was recently at the vet and now weighs a fabulous 13.4 pounds! This is slightly less than her pre-diabetic weight and more than the 9 pounds she was when unregulated.

Not only that, Maui loves her canned food. She doesn't really like raw, she'll taste it, but prefers the canned food. How far she's come from those first days, when her bean tried to teach her that canned food is food. Look, look at her

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww18 ... 0637-1.jpg

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww18 ... 1_0626.jpg

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww18 ... 1_0635.jpg

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww18 ... 1_0638.jpg

She was such a mess back then. Talk about food fight, you know!!!! Wow!

And today, she enjoys her food, without the mess and need for clean up in aisle 12 ha ha. And even more so, she loves freeze dried chicken and boiled, roasted and baked chicken!

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww18 ... edface.jpg

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww18 ... 1_0762.jpg

Maui's been very busy these last few months, she traveled to exotic places, kissed a shark and swam with dolphins and is growing her nip garden to make her famous nipjitos for all those wonderful OTJ parties in LL.

And me, well, I've been very busy you see, I spent a lot of time at Maui's condo. I visited Luney Tuney Luna at his house and am trying to get an invite to Max's new digs. Oh and I was offered a job from the competition - Dog World Now. Of course, I turned it down, since I much prefer the company of felines.

Oh and finally, Maui's BG's are in the 80's and she's getting her teeth cleaned next month! Won't that be a blast!

Back you in the studio..........

2. Judith and Thomas

Judith and Thomas Member

What a great update! Congrats on 11 months OTJ!

Love the food pics! I had forgotten how hard it was to get her to eat wet food...too funny. Nice that you don't have to clean up that mess anymore! :lol: Love the pics with the face covered in Liv A Little Dust!! :mrgreen:

Glad she is still enjoying her time at the falls!

3. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Pretty Maui....so nice that you stopped by with an update from her... :YMPEACE:
    Please send her a bunch of hugs from us all! :YMHUG:

4. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

LOVE the update and the photos! She could be a spokesmodel for Halo treats!

5. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Alpha Bean!!! We LOVE Alpha Bean (and of course, Maui). Glad to hear the girl is having lots of fun at the Falls.

6. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

I remember her early fussies. What a great report, happy to hear she's still doing so well. I see you posting, helping others, too. :)

7. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

lol! LOVE the pics of her chicken dusted face! she's looking good! :D

8. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Great photos! I am glad she's still enjoying her time at the falls. :)

9. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

The pic with Maui covered in chicken dust made me giggle! I'm glad she's continuing to do so well.

10. Chris & Mally

Chris & Mally Member

What a beauty she is! So happy she's doing well. :smile:

11. Patricia&Brownie

Patricia&Brownie Member

So good to hear to hear that both of you are doing great! Thanks for the update and the photos. Maui baby, you're looking good - life at the falls must be agreeing with you! Good luck with the dental. :smile:

12. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi All - One thing Alphabean didn't mention, probably cause he didn't go to her vet appt., was the vet was very impressed with how good she looks. She's no longer that 9 pounds with flabby skin and lacking muscle mass.

She's a beautiful 13+ pounds and totally filled out and muscly.

Of course on the day she went to the vet, she had dandruff, but I chalk that up to the cold weather and vet stress.

And I brought her chicken treats with me and showed the vet how much she enjoys them! Her CBC test was clean and her glucose level on it was 120 (range was 67-167), so considering vet stress and all and the few times I've tested her and she's loving the 80's. I just :D .

I look at those FF pics and think about the struggle I had to get her to eat. And of course the fight I had with the civvies to get them off the crack! Everyone here kept pushing the importance of NO DRY and I listened and did my best, but it's hard when a cat refuses to eat, looks at you and cries. So, I juggled and struggled and kept trying and finally, finally, I can say we are dry free!

For all of you thinking no way can I remove the dry, I am here to tell you, if I can convert 3 cats, you can do it too. It may not be easy, it may be painful, it may be heart wrenching, but the fact is YOU can make it happen, you just need the determination to stick with it.

Oh Please stop by Maui's condo, she's throwing a party and serving very special nipjitos! drinking24 :YMHUG:

13. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

(((Hillary & Maui)))
    As a newbie & unfamilair with Maui's story........ what a wonderful story to read!!

Congrats to you....... sooooo happy & am cheering you all on!!

party_cat
    drinking24
    party_cat

14. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Hey, thanks for dropping in with an Maui report and some new pictures of Maui with her face all full of chicken dust! My guys just love that Halo chicken...I also get the freeze dried chicken livers and that is also one of their fav treats. glad to see that Maui is still hanging out at her condo and is doing so well. Keep up the good work girls!

15. skippy and birten

skippy and birten Member

Love the pictures and the update. Glad to hear that Maui is doing so great. PM me a couple of dates you are available to meet for lunch or coffee. Mom and dad are gone and now I have more time. Would love to meet you after being so helpful during the summer.

16. Barb and Tori

Barb and Tori Well-Known Member

What a wonderful report! I'm so gald that Maui is doing so well.

17. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

I like your chocokitty and all her messy eatings. That's awesome.

bcatrun_gif

18. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

nice to see Maui is doing so well!

19. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Maui!!!!

I'm late for your parteee!!

Many many many congrats on 11 months OTJ!!!!!

Luv the pics!! The chicken dust is classic!! :lol: on a black kitty (I have one too) looks sooo funny!! "gettin' into the good kitty crack again?" :lol:

Alpha Bean - please visit more often! Would love to see you as a regular on Old Timer's Day! Gettin' the scoop, being in-the-know, cuz u know where its at!

And you throw a good parteee!!

20. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

well omigosh Hillary.... we hardly recognized Maui without food on her face....Alex kind of had a crush on her that way because he's always hungry and he figured when they went out it would be yummy to nibble on her chin. Now she's bigger than him and her chin is clean. DRAT!

In all honesty, although I'm tickled for you and MTM, I think that Alpha-bean dude slipped something into her water so that her appy would improve and he would then have MTM all to himself. :eek: Oh well, she's happy, and healthy and looks just mahvelous Hillary dahlink. (Alex now now, you win some, you lose some). :-|

Congrats on 11 months OTJ !!! :RAHCAT :RAHCAT \M/

maybe you'll invite Alex to visit the condo just for the incentive? (Even if just as a 'friend')? :mrgreen:

xo US

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.