2/13 Sami AMPS 65; PMPS 72; +3.5 56

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tina & Sammy, Feb 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tina & Sammy

Tina & Sammy Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Condo

Last night's recap:
    PMPS 80
    +4 52
    +5 58
    +7 47
    +11.5 67

AMPS 65
    +3 = 84
    +6 = 68
    +10 = 75

Today's PMPS = 72
    +3.5 = 56

I decreased Sami's dose this morning to .10 unit. It will be interesting to see what she does with this dose since we know how tiny it is.

For now I am going back to bed, I just hope I can get back to sleep. But will have to get up in another hour anyway for the second mini meal.

2. kate and lucky

kate and lucky Member

Re: 2/13 Sami AMPS 65

Looking superdooper her :mrgreen:

3. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Looking great this morning. Good luck on the dose decrease! I see Sami showed you last night that she really, really, really wanted the decrease. :D

4. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Good luck with the dosecrease! Hope you get some cat naps today along with Sami :mrgreen:

5. Tina & Sammy

Re: 2/13 Sami AMPS 65; +3 84

Well, at + 3 Sami is at 84. Now I realize that this is still a good number, but it is higher than what I have seen in more than a week at +3. what I need to know is how high should I let her go before going back to the .25 dose. I was thinking that if she stayed under 100 today then I would stick with the .1 unit, but if she goes over 100 I should go back to the .25 unit tonight.

Is this correct thinking or should I be thinking totally differently.

6. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

I do not like to give dosing advice but Sami has gone into 40's for the last two days which means a reduction. You should stay on this dose even if the number is over 100. OTJ cats have blue numbers as well as ones in countdown.

See what others think.

7. Chris & Mally

Chris & Mally Member

No dosing advice here either, but maybe let her settle into the dose and see how it goes. Mally had two cycles where she went into the blue numbers after I decreased her to .1, but then she settled into the dose and everything was fine. I know ECID, but it might be to Sami's advantage to see how this dose goes and how her body responds to the smaller amount of insulin. :smile:

8. kate and lucky

kate and lucky Member

You gave a 1/6th of a can at +2-could be a foodspike in there as well as +1, so don't worry.

I agree with Miriam, you need to stick with this dose for a few cycles and see how Sami takes to it. It is essentially that last little supportive dose.
    As I said earlier still loking super dooper :mrgreen:

9. Tina & Sammy

Thanks everyone, I was just starting to worry that she might not have been ready for the reduction. But at +6 she was at 68, so I think she might be okay on this dose after all. I probably won't test again until PMPS, still trying to give her ears a little break from all the testing the last few weeks.

I like these numbers much better, rather than always bordering on a low. At least this way I don't need to feel as if I need to check her every hour, but I also don't want to see her go up too much either.

I will check back in a few hours to let you all know where we are at PMPS.

10. Tina & Sammy

Re: 2/13 Sami AMPS 65; PMPS 72

Another nice surf for Sami today. She even had a lower PMPS that she had seen earlier this week. So it looks like the .10 unit dose is okay so far. I will check her again at +4 to see where she is and probably again at +6 .

11. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

(((Tina)))
    Sami & you are both blessed......... congratulations for all you do.....

party_cat party_cat party_cat

12. Tina & Sammy

Thanks Nicole. You will get there too, just keep up what you are doing and it will pay off.

13. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

We won't ... but thank you for being kind.. Baby has proven herself.. this is going to be a challenge.... take care & have a fabulous rest of the weekend.

14. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Sami is looking really good, and it looks like her new dose crease is working just fine. I know it's a little scary seeing a number that is slightly higher, but sometimes the new dose just needs to settle in. Good luck!

15. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

sami's is looking GOOD! this is purr-fect!
    goooooooooooo sami!

16. Tina & Sammy

I sort of wasn't expecting Sami to be in the 50's tonight, but I am not complaining. I will be testing her again at +6. She just got another mini meal, but it was a ZERO carbs flavor so I don't know if it will effect her number.

Do you think I should check her again before +6?

17. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

how about splitting the difference and getting a +5?
    she's really looking good, tina...

18. Tina & Sammy

Just tested at +5 and she was 59. Based on previous history, and a higher dose, she would go down under 50 by +7. I even though she has a reduced dose tonight, I will check her at +7 just to see where she is. I am also leaving out 4 cat food popsicles that will thaw and be ready to eat within the next few hours. I guess we will wait to see what happens.

19. Chris & Mally

Chris & Mally Member

Way to go, Sami! :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.