2/13 Stash AMPS 329 ~ PMPS 234

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sherri & Stash (GA), Feb 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sherri & Stash (GA)

Sherri & Stash (GA) Member

yesterday: http://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6052
    (at least as much as I got posted...)

Recap of 2/12 PM
    PMPS 292
    +4 88
    +6 134

It was such a beautiful blue/green day... probably messed it all up by sleeping in this morning (snot-bucket howeled off and on all night, keeping me up!)

I made the decision to shoot a reduced dose this morning since AMPS came so late. Not protocol, I know, but I've got to see if it will work for us in this situation today. Don't know if you don't try...

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 2/13 Stash AMPS 329

I'm not sure I follow your logic. The delayed shot acts as a dose reduction all by itself. So you had the reduction from the late shot plus a reduced dose. If you wanted to shoot at regular time tonight due to being off schedule, you probably should have skipped the shot. If you shoot 4 hours early, it's like a dose increase and, there's no way you will be able to even consider this unless Stash's numbers are sky high and even then, I'd want Jill or one of the more experienced people here to say that a shot that early was OK. All things being equal, most of the time, we either move a shot 30 min. early once a day or 15 min. early twice a day.

3. Sherri & Stash (GA)

Guess that was my sleep-deprived haze thinking/talking. My "logic" (such as it wuzzent) was to keep some insulin going into this AM cycle then get back on track tonight. @-)

{sigh} I shot an email off to an AC. We can't keep going on like this.

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

The good news is that you shot something! No worries - hopefully Stash's numbers will be ok.

5. Sherri & Stash (GA)

PMPS 234

This was at +8 from the AM shot

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

If you shot at +8, please monitor very carefully this evening. I am really concerned that Stash's numbers could drop since this is the equivalent of a big dose increase.

7. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

hi sherri. cheryl's right. you'll want to get some spot checks in tonight since you shot at +8. am hoping the late shot and reduced dose this morning will work in your favor, but spot checks will tell the story...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.