2.14 Fa /amps 320/+2.5,290/pmps 311/+4,275/+9,254

Discussion in 'Lantus / Basaglar (glargine) and Levemir (detemir)' started by fafa's mum, Feb 14, 2020 at 8:00 AM.

  1. fafa's mum

    fafa's mum Member

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2019
  2. fafa's mum

    fafa's mum Member

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2019
    @Wendy&Neko i am a bit hesitant if I should increase dose this week. We need prescription to get insulin but the vet advised us to stay on 4.5u. I worry if I use up insulin too soon and ask her to refill the prescription and she would not agree.
     
    Sonia & Leo likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

    Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 28, 2012
    Sooner or later you will need to get more insulin. Holding off a needed increase one week is only going to delay the inevitable by one week. Can you show the vet the spreadsheet? And at the same time, ask about getting the acro test done. That’ll show you have been doing your homework.
     
    Sonia & Leo likes this.
  4. fafa's mum

    fafa's mum Member

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2019
    Yes you are right. It’s hard with the vet side. She is the best vet so far we have seen attitude wise, but with insulin use and acromegaly possibility, she is not quite agreeing with me. I will have to probably find a way first to see how to arrange for the acro testing in Australia. To add stress to that, my hubby is even more on the disagreeing side and thinks I over do it and over stress about it.

    For now I will give it another week to be on 7.5u. Will give our vet another call after it as I told her I would try to increase a bit to see if it helps. I am still thinking how to talk to her without offending her.
     
    Sonia & Leo likes this.

Share This Page