2/14 Jan and Buddy PMPS 315 +1.5 378 +3 312

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jan and Buddy, Feb 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6147

WCR He seems ok, maybe just a little off?? Ate good.

Back up, so will see what today brings.

HAPPY VALENTINE DAY

Jan and Buddy

2. Amy and Pedro

Amy and Pedro Member

Re: 2/14 Jan and Buddy AMPS 364

Good Morning Jan and Buddy and happy V Day to both of you.
    Hope Buddy decides he isn't a little off today ~ maybe he stayed up too late watching the Olympics

3. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

Na that's not so bad, it will take some time to build a little shed and settle on this dose, but I hope it keeps him steady and eventually in an overall lower range. We have to give it a few days, when he doesn't respond then there is more insulin where this came from :lol: Look at it this way his numbers aren't worse than they were on 6U a month ago.

4. Carolyn and Spot

Carolyn and Spot Well-Known Member

Hi Jan,
    Good morning!
    I'd like to see some R in Buddy if he doesn't start dropping, will you be home to monitor a TOR if he's still high at +2?. Also, I don't think we should hold the dose past this cycle, unless you suddenly start seeing some action. If the TOR works, I'd be happier about leaving him on 3u, but I know R during the work week is going to be troublesome so we've gotta get the basal (lantus) dose where you can maintain. Really don't want the IAA getting ahead of him, when you've done so much to counter it. Talking to Jojo about making a plan for the last couple days and getting her caught up on you. Unfortunately she's running a very high fever and is quite sick so I don't want to push her too hard.

5. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Just sent a text.
    I can give a TOR at +6 if you think that is needed I just tested and he is 321.
    He is eating but I can tell doesn't feel to good. I would rather just leave him alone, I poked him so much yesterday, but I know that probably isn't a good idea either. So what do you think. He IS coming down slowly!!
    I'm not feeling to good today, so have mercy!! LOL

6. Carolyn and Spot

Hi Jan,
    on commercial break so just popping in to say skip the R.. shoot it tonight if you can, and only if he is over 300 ok? be back later, probably 4 hours.. race just started.. only need 1 more test before PMPS.. say +9 or +10, sound ok to you?
    feel better soon!
    (((hugs)))
    ..C

7. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Re: 2/14 Jan and Buddy PMPS 315

He is not much over 300 so not going to shoot R. But am I sticking with the 3.0 units Lantus????

8. Carolyn and Spot

I would like to see R, can you do .1u R and the low dose of 3u Lantus? I want to see if 3u will work or if we need to seriously increase it tomorrow morning.

9. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Yes, I can! Are you getting text msgs??

Going to go shoot will be right back.

10. Carolyn and Spot

Yep I am but I get the feeling they are coming in late. Already had responded to you on here by the time I got that last one. I am here for the night so I'll be keeping an eye out for ya :)

I'd like to see a +1.5, a +3 and a before bed check if you can fit them all in?

11. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

OK I will be back later.
    Thanks

12. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Wow, I'm gone for just two days and Buddy is down to 3 units?!? I hope he'll come down tonight, it's not a bad PMPS to start with. :smile:

13. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Re: 2/14 Jan and Buddy PMPS 315 +1.5 378

Was cooking up some of there turkey ball treats and of course he conned me into giving him some raw!!!
    So the number might have something to do with that?????

Be back @ +3

14. Carolyn and Spot

Hmm.. I don't think so Jan..it was just turkey cooked in water, right? I think we're gonna have to re-increase your Lantus dose, but let's see how the cycle plays out.

15. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

OK whatever you think is best. Just keep in mind about me being at work :smile:

I will be back with a +3, would like to dicuss tomorrow's scenerio, before we sign off tonight if you can!!

16. Carolyn and Spot

LOL don't worry, I didn't forget you have work :) I'll be around!

17. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

66 points in 1 1/2 hours, alot or normal drop??

I'm going to be going to bed pretty soon,(still don't feel good :-| ) so what do you think about the am shot??
    Your best guess on low number and no shot?

I can set clock and get up at + hours if you need info, just tell me which ones would give the most info.

Be back shortly!!

18. Carolyn and Spot

no, sadly 66 pts is probably just a fluctuation.. he's flatlined. You can do 1 of the following if he's as high tomorrow as he is now:

1. go up, way up, close to where you were.. 5u, 4.5u or even 4u, it's off protocol, however, so was the 3u reduction
    2. go back to 6.25u which is 1/4u under your last good dose and work on that shed
    3. stick to 3u and revisit this tomorrow night

Which do you think you would be interested in doing? I am worried about you losing your forward progress, but I am hopeful that since we know he can break that we can do it again fairly quickly, so I'm not frantic yet. If it were me, I would probably skip returning to full dose tomorrow morning and do it tomorrow night. I am trying to get Jojo pinned down but she's got a ton of medical problems right now and her time is very limited.

My gut tells me we should not have held this dose at 3u, but I feel sure we can get him back to where he was. It just might take some time.

Now.. if you wake up and he's somewhere in the mid 200s or so, HOLD THE DOSE!! :)

If you wake up and he's low but over 100, hold the dose. Under that, shoot BCS dose or no dose if you catch him dropping from a low number prior to AMPS.

I don't think you need to get spot checks tonight if you can get one 45 mins to an hour before preshot. You're sick and you need your sleep.

19. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

I'm going to stay with the 3.0 and see what PMPS brings. Will follow am with what you suggested here.

Are you home tomorrow or do you have to be out??

If you think of soemthing else just leave a post I usually check in the am before doing anything.

Thanks

20. Carolyn and Spot

Alright sounds like a plan. I will do my best to get you some good information by tomorrow PMPS, I hope from Jojo. I will be home tomorrow during the day. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.