2/14 Logan AMPS 317, +4 344, +7 370, PMPS 415

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kelly & Logan, Feb 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelly & Logan

Kelly & Logan Well-Known Member

Yesterday:
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6144

His AMPS was better this morning. I'm assuming his prednisolone is the reason he went up at +4. We'll check again this afternoon to see if he comes down some.

Logan is doing well. He's eating very well. He woke me up at 4 this morning and ate 1 1/4 cans of FF. This morning, he ate 3/4 can of FF at AMPS and another 1/2 can of FF at +4. He's been sleeping a lot this weekend, which isn't surprising. I'm sure he didn't sleep much last week. He's hanging out in the living room more, another good sign he's feeling better. I'm sure he can't wait to get this drain out of him!

Jojo, the internist is planning on weaning him off of the pred this next week. She said we'd talk about it on Tuesday when we bring him in for the drain to be removed. A little fluid is still draining out. We are keeping track of how much we syringe out of it each night. Last night, it was about 4 ml. It had been a little over 24 hrs since the ER tech last emptied it. We're doing warm compresses 2-3 times a day for 10 minutes each.

2. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 2/14 Logan AMPS 317, +4 344

I am so glad to hear that Logan has such a healthy appetite.
    I am sure that you are having a lovely & loving Valentines Day.

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Logan is sounding like he's well on the way to recovery. I doubt there could be a better Valentine's Day present. (Well, maybe there's a better one but this on is right up there!!)

4. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Happy Valentine's Day LOGAN....
    I hope you are feeling better....Love from Raja

5. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

What a nice gift for Valentines Day for you Kelly.
    Having you sweet little man Logan home by your side and eating like a little piggy.
    I am so happy to hear that. It really sounds like he is feeling so much better
    and to give you seom nice BG numbers too.

Enjoy your family. With all that you have been through lately, you deserve it.

6. Kelly & Logan

Re: 2/14 Logan AMPS 317, +4 344, +7 370

Hmmm...he's still going the wrong way! Hoping he comes down some for PMPS. He has trace ketones, as well. :( We'll go up to 3 units tonight. They had to significantly decrease his insulin b/c he kept dropping, but he wasn't eating well. So, we're working our way back up...hopefully, we won't need to go so high to see some decent numbers.

He ate 1/2 can of chunky chicken FF at 2:00 and 30 minutes later ate 1/2 can of roasted turkey FF. Piggy piggy! :mrgreen:

7. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

The eating is fantastic news; it seems like just yesterday you were concerned about getting him to eat again. Well, it looks like he's doing just fine now!

it's also great that he's coming out and socializing, and all things considered, Logan is coming around just fine.

What a fabulous Valentine's present for you!

8. Logan The Cat

Logan The Cat New Member

I'm feeling well enough to use the computer while you are sleeping, so I made this for you.

Love Logan

[​IMG]

9. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Happy Valentine's Day, Logan. This condo gives me tears of joy.

10. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Such a sweet note from Logan cat_pet_icon So glad to hear that Logan is eating, resting well and on his way with healing!

11. Chris & Mally

Chris & Mally Member

I'm so happy to hear Logan is eating well and is doing much better. Good boy, Logan!!! :smile:

12. Amy and Pedro

Amy and Pedro Member

Numbers shumbers-even tho they're heading the wrong way -- Just so happy to check in and hear that Logan is doing well.

13. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Love that Valentine's card Logan made for you Kelly.
    Gee, I think I'm going to have to keep a kleenex box near my computer.

14. Kelly & Logan

So much for his BG coming down some! :( Maybe he worked too hard on his V-day card for me. :) What a sweet boy I have! And he is by far the best V-day present I've ever had. I'll take him over chocolates any day. :mrgreen:

He ate well tonight - 1 1/8 can of chunky chicken FF. Yum yum. He's now chillin' on the couch with his puppy sister, Liv. Liv's actually in time out, but Logan doesn't realize that. He's just doing some preening. He didn't seem to feel especially great this afternoon. He's due for pain meds in a few. It's also about time to empty his drain.

15. deb and the boys

deb and the boys Member

Hans and Sonny want Logan to know that even tho they haven't met, lots of good kitty vibes and prayers are being sent your way. We also thought Logan might enjoy some silly little mice running around to cheer him up! :D
    xox
    Hans and Sonny (aka the boys)
    [​IMG]

16. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I'm glad you bumped up Logan's dose by 0.5u. The trace ketones warrant watching -- and I know you know that. Is Logan on squids at home now? If there's still a trace and his numbers aren't coming down, would it be worth talking to the vet about giving squids until his numbers are better and the infection is cleared?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.