2/14 Moses AMPS 366 +3~233

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Erica & Moses, Feb 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

Happy Valentines Day!

What great advice on increasing Moses' dose. Not a very happy vday number at 366 (what? :shock: ) but very pink and valentine. Thank you for no red!

And Moses let out another yelp while being injected with insulin. :sad: This has happened the past 4 or 5 injections and now it makes me nervous to inject! I've tried different sites and practiced technique. Maybe it is the cold insulin temperature? It's always been this cold though, no problem. Hmmmm, the bean is going to have to think.

And I can't distract him with eating (b/c then he'll stop eating altogether). Usually I get his eye contact locked in on the Greenies bag and that's sufficed. Not too much anymore....

Anyways, I'll go feed that poked boy his breakfast. I'm glad for the increase! Happy Valentines!

2. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Re: 2/14 Moses AMPS 366

OK- Great that you increased dose-You did have some yellow yesterday, so that is good!!
    It will absolutely help if you give him maybe some fresh chicken pieces, or dried chicken treats(just a few pieces) while shooting!
    I do the test & shot while Moonie is munching on some & it Always works..I shoot toward middle of shoulders on the side closest to me, always tent the skin, & be fast!--I practiced with an orange for a long time :lol: :lol: , but it helped me become faster giving a shot..
    I also take the pen out a couple of minutes before I draw the shot..That cold insulin does not feel good, so maybe that is the problem..
    Plus, They do tend to be dramatic ohmygod_smile ohmygod_smile --Dont let it make you feel guilty, you are giving him what he needs to live!!

I have a good feeling that you may see better numbers, no I wish it so hard for you--
    HUGS ON VALENTINES DAY

3. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Re: 2/14 Moses AMPS 366

(((Erica))) (((Moses)))
    Baby gave me a pink valentine this morning too - what a positive perspective you have there Erica.. sure made me feel better ;-)
    Good luck with the dosecrease - it is always so hopeful when we can increase when our #s are not looking good!
    Baby has yelped a few times lately when I give her...her shot too, I agree with Roni ... furbabies can be dramatic!!

Happy Valentines Day to you both!! :YMHUG:

4. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

Aw, thank you Roni & Moonie and Nicole & Baby! :mrgreen:

Those are some great tips and advice! The only treat Moses eats is the Greenies. I've been meaning to buy those Chicken Crispers (Baby's loved them so much!) Maybe a little something something during the shot will help. And a dethaw of course!

Moses is experiencing some eating anxiety, but when I'm singing with him over the breffis he digs in. Moses Valentines Quick Fact: His favorite song ever is "Biscuits in the Oven" by Raffi. :lol:

Have a terrific Valentines Lantus Land! I'm off to work!

5. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

I'm glad you went up Erica. Hope the "officials" agree.

As far as the shots...you can try different locations. I think BD (syringes) has a picture of locations you can shoot. I think you can shoot anyplace that you can make a tent...hopefully someone else will chime in.

6. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

"Biscuits in the oven...gonna watch them rise...." :lol:
    Maybe Moses will lead the sing-a-long tonight at the party...he is coming, right?

Have you rolled the syringe between your fingers a little before you inject? Also, be sure of the angle that the needle is going in...so that it isn't going towards a muscle. Happy Valentine's Day to you both! :razz:

7. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Moses - are you being dramatic for momma when she gives you the good medicine?

Webber often felt, yelped and hissed at me when I gave him shots on the sides. After a while I just started with the scruff....he never felt those.

I hope he doesn't have too much anxiety again at meal time. Hang in there Moses... ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.